Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The leaves or the lack of them



Fall, leaves, fall; die, flowers, away/Lengthen night and shorten day/Every leaf speaks bliss to me/Fluttering from the autumn tree. I shall smile when wreaths of snow/Blossom where the rose should grow/I shall sing when night's decay/Ushers in a drearier day. (Emily Brontë)

18 comments:

Kamila said...

Que fotos lindas, Romeika. Adorei a tonalidade de cores das árvores, que formam um contraste lindo com a luminosidade natural do local.

O Outono chegou por aí?

Kira Aderne said...

Romeika!

Vc tem toda razão!
A mesma roupa, vestido e botas da Jolie, com mais corpo cairia bem melhor. Espero que ela se recupere...

Beijos

ah, quando vem?
quando vier, veja o filme tropa de elite, é muuuito bom.

Mil beijos

Romeika said...

Kamila, já é outono aqui, sim! Deixei pra tirar essas fotos num raro dia de sol, pois como vc mesma observou, o resultado é bem mais belo do que num dia feio e cinzento.

Kira, infelizmente não tenho data pra visitar Natal ainda. E já assisti "Tropa de Elite" (versão da net mesmo, filmaço). Beijos.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos, Romeika, especially the first one. Quoting Emily Bronte is wonderful.
It reminds me of one of Shakeapeares's sonnets... I can only remember how it starts...

That time of year
thou mayest in me behold,
when leaves or none or few
do hang upon the boughs
which shake against the cold...

Kamila said...

Com certeza, Romeika. Sua decisão foi a mais acertada porque as fotos ficaram lindíssimas!!

discotheque confusion said...

wow, such beautiful pictures!

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

Love all the colors of the leaves so beautiful.

Romeika said...

Seraphine, thank you;-) And thanks for sharing the beggining of this lovely sonnet. I've been looking for poems which theme is the current season. -x-

Kamila, obrigada;-)

Everyone, thank you for the comments!

Anonymous said...

"Where had I heard this wind before
Change like this to a deeper roar?
What would it take my standing there for,
Holding open a restive door,
Looking down hill to a frothy shore?
Summer was past and day was past.
Somber clouds in the west were massed.
Out in the porch's sagging floor,
leaves got up in a coil and hissed,
Blindly struck at my knee and missed.
Something sinister in the tone
Told me my secret must be known:
Word I was in the house alone
Somehow must have gotten abroad,
Word I was in my life alone,
Word I had no one left but God."

Bereft by Robert Frost

Romeika said...

Beautiful, Seraphine! Thanks.

Carolina Lange said...

O outono em países como a Dinamarca é maravilhoso! As fotos estão muito bonitas!

Romeika said...

Obrigada, Carolina! O outono é mesmo lindo;-)

WendyB said...

Lovely photos and quote.

Romeika said...

Thank you, Wendy!

cotton candy said...

oh they're such wonderful photos!! i love the colour, the different tones of yellows, oranges and greens. i love autumn. it's my favourite season of the year. ^^

Romeika said...

Cotton Candy: Thanks! It's my second fav season so far:-p I still prefer the warmness of summer=)

Flair said...

beautiful pictures! I love Fall leaves

Romeika said...

Lady N: Thanks!:-)