I haven't been able to give enough attention to my blog for the last couple of days, but I have a proper explanation. I'm going to move soon, and those of you who have had this experience for at least once in a lifetime know how much work it requires. So, I've been packing, packing and packing. And while packing I was still attending the danish language school in Randers (wednesday was my last class). I'm going to move to Copenhagen on sunday, not exactly to the the capital's exciting downtown, but to one of its quiet suburbs, Høje Taastrup. All these suburbs are part of the city itself, and where I'm going to live it takes exact 15 minutes by metro to reach the center. I'm really happy for this change in my life concerning the fact Randers is a very quiet town, besides, it can be really provincial in many aspects, especially now during the cold endless months. It can become really depressing. And how hard it was to spend last winter in Randers when I first arrived in Denmark, without knowing anyone but my husband.It may sound cheesy, but the most important thing to go through the dark and depressing winter is not a big city full of exciting things to do (Ok, this help A LOT too), but friends. And I've made friends I really care about in Randers. And I'm going to miss them so very much. Of course Denmark is a small country, which will make it easier for us to meet ocasionally, but that won't make me miss them less. All friends I've made here were the ones i met in the language school, therefore, they were foreigners like me, not danish people. Our class was as multicultural as any other class in school, but as I've observed, many school groups doesn't tend to be as united as we were. People easily tend to segregate, so there's the turkish people group, the asian groups, the african groups and so on. As I speak spanish (that doesn't happen to be my first language), I've been invited quite some times to join the spanish speaking groups, but I've always prefered to sit in a multicultural group during my lunch breaks. I hate segregation of any kind and besides, sitting with people who doesn't speak english or any other language I speak forced me to practice danish. My entire class connected very well, despite the language and cultural differences. It was a rare and beautiful thing that happened. We were from Brazil, Argentina, Japan, Peru, Philippines, Tadjikistan, Turkey and Sri Lanka, and we were friends. And we still are.
I'm obviously happy for moving to Copenhagen, as I've always had great times there during my short visits. There's not such a thing as winter depression in Copenhagen, there's no gray months in Copenhagen. I wanna find a new school as soon as possible, as it's going quite well with my danish learning and I don't wanna blow it by now. Who knows if I'll find such great people in the new school (I seriously doubt) and I hope I'll get at least teachers as good as the ones I've had. If not... If not, there's plenty of escapism in this city. I'll lose myself in the countless museums (especially those with free entrance), I'll go to the movies over and over and over... Oh, the movies. So many movie theaters. And so many movies waiting for me every single friday. I'm really happy and excited about it. Besides, just walking in the city is like a fresh breeze of life. Jeg elsker København! :-)
And so it's winter. Maybe not officially, but as it has already snowed twice and the temperature reached minus zero a couple of times during early morning, for me, that's winter. After a summer that wasn't quite a real summer (I know, I sound like a broken record), and a sudden autumn (some leaves were already fading by early september), it's winter again. For some people the best winter thing is the snow, or perhaps christmas, or perhaps both. I'm not really excited about christmas and snow looks beautiful and it's amazing to photograph it, but my real and perhaps unique winter happiness (considering my first winter) is to feed the starving deer at the Deer Park in Århus. It's winter, and they need to eat as much as they can, they are capable to eat until they drop sick. It's remarkable. The same thing happens to ducks and some other birds. The bambis are so cute and sweet I didn't mind the fact my hands were freezing. Another good thing about winter: no more of those awful crocs. Thank God.

Eva Green, WTF?!?
To end this post with something that really doesn't connect to any of the previous subjects, but caught my attention somehow. The dress, shoes and hairstyle worn by Eva Green last week in some event. What the hell she was thinking?
(...)
Update: It's been a very tiring week, but luckily I feel recovered by now. Last sunday, the day of the arrival, was the worst day. John and I removed the 41 boxes from the truck, up to the third floor (no elevators), a lot of work, as we had expected, but while I was doing it, it felt actually worse than what i had expected. And considering that the day before we put those same 41 boxes inside the truck, I had body pain all over the day next, the day I had to do the worst part of the moving. I'm not used to that kind of "hardcore" work, I suppose the only time i got close to work this hard was when I worked out 3 or 4 hours straight in a gym. Carrying those boxes and everything else to our new place while being in pain was definitely an experience to remember (When I think that I'll have to do something of this sort again, perhaps in one year or in 18 months, oh, the thought makes me stressed already).
And what to say of these new sides? It's funny how the suburbs here feel as quiet as Randers after 4pm during winter time. But I guess there's how suburbs are supposed to be. Luckily there's a metro/train station very closely, and shortly later, you're directed to a total different atmosphere. Copenhagen is so remarkably different from the rest of Denmark. It's almost like if there were two different countries in one. There's Copenhagen and there's the rest of DK. Perhaps, just the weather is the same. Ah, concerning the moving day, the weather was an ensemble of wind, rain and cold that made the work even harder. It was so cold that it snowed a little during night. When we came back to Randers by the middle of the week it wasn't any better. We needed to go back to get some of the stuff that couldn't fit in the little truck we had rented, as well as to clean our flat, as we intend to sell it. We were also supposed to paint the walls, but there was no time left.
I haven't enjoyed myself so far, except for a saturday afternoon when I went to Copenhagen downtown to see I'm Not There, which has opened a week ago, and only in one single theater in the entire country, which is a shame. I'm not quite sure of what I thought of the film so far, I'm currently digesting the whole experience, as it was much more complex than I imagined it would be. I also feel the desperate need of seeing the film one more time, but for financial reasons, I'd rather wait until it's available on DVD. Later in the evening I visited some imdb forums to check what normal people have been saying about the film, and it seems like it is a festival of past movies references, films like 8 1/2 and others of the sort. Films I haven't seen. I'm deeply aware of my lack of knowledge towards some "essential films", in short, those directed by european filmmakers in the 1960s. Despite of that, I suppose there's much more than understanding those movie references in order to absorbe the entire "essence" of Todd Haynes newest film. I don't have any great interpretation to share with you, but I intend to write a little post about the film, as it deserves a post of its own.
Excuse me about the lack of updates, but our Internet hasn't been installed here, it's taking so long. I'm actually using someone's unprotected wireless Internet at the moment (I know, it sounds illegal, but...), perhaps from one of those people i have seen in the stairs last weekend while carrying up one of those 41 heavy boxes. People who hardly reply on a warm and smiling Hello, but that's not a surprise to me, after nearly a year living in Denmark. My husband lived over 10 years in our last home and he didn't know many of his neighbours, including the guy (or woman?) who lived in the flat above. That leads me to the following question: Why do people get shocked (Do they? Well, I do), when they read headlines of this sort, "70-year old woman is found dead in her own apartment after two years of her death." I hope there are no cats involved in such stories. This kind of incident is so horrid that it's almost laughable, in an ironic way.
Well, time to move on. Tomorrow i have an "interview" in the local danish language school, and I hope I'll be able to go back to school very soon. And I wanna thank you again for the good luck wishes, it helped. In the end, it all worked fine. Thank You.
P.S.: I had to rewrite this update, as the first attempt didn't work, and I hadn't copied and pasted the text, and you know, it's never actually the same after you have to write it all over again.
.jpg)


51 comments:
You are moving to Copenhagen! That is great! It's such an amazing place! I'm sure you are going to love it!
p.s. eu entrego peças na Europa, caso você queira o cachecol é só me mandar um e-mail!
Hi!
I've been reading your blog for some time, as I'm a devoted cinephile myself, too. This time I couldn't resist the temptation to wish you good luck for your moving to Copenhagen! I'm not that far from it (in Europe you are never that far!!!) but I haven't visited it, yet... Best wishes!
When I see someone like Eva Green wear something not quite suited for her, and I think to myself, she is doing a friend a favor...
You will enjoy Copenhagen. I have never been there, but it has awonderful reputation. You'll have great fun, especially when you make your first really good friend.
Heyyy... I love my crocs. I wear them when I go outside to pick up my mail. Maybe Eva Green will wear them for me at her next event? I could sell them on eBay as shoes worn by a celebrity. Hehheh, evil laugh...
Carolina, já fui a Copenhague algumas vezes, e de todas as vezes eu adorei a cidade, estou bem animada com a mudança. E que chique que vc entrega suas peças na Europa, imagino que faça sucesso, é tanta coisa linda;-)
Hi Grinda! It's always nice to hear from the readers of this humble blog of mine, and to meet another cinephile fellow:-) Thanks for the good luck wishes! I'll check out your page sometime. ^^
Seraphine, I've never wondered this, but maybe it's true..If so, how awful! To wear such a horrible outfit to help a friend *lol* And I'm sorry, but I hate crocs hehehe But since you wear them only to go outside for a second that's quite ok;-) And I hope it'll be all great in CPH, at least it was great the few times I was there.
Olá Romeika, tudo bem?
Já tinha visto seus comentários em outros blogs mas essa é a primeira vez que visito o seu. Valeu por ter dado uma passada lá no Moviola Digital, vou linkar seu blog lá. Voltarei aqui sempre que puder, e será uma ótima oportunidade de treinar meu inglês. E que incrível é a tecnologia. Você aí na Dinamarca e eu aqui no Brasil nos falando com a maior facilidade. Viva a tecnologia! Até mais!
Romeika, Eva Green é a rainha trash do tapete vermelho. Até hoje, estou traumatizada com o vestido, cabelo que ela usou no BAFTA 2007!!!! rsrsrsrsrsrsrsrsrsrsrs
Romeika, a gente já falou bastante sobre a sua mudança, mas você sabe que eu torço bastante por você e desejo que tudo de bom aconteça nessa nova fase.
Bom final de semana!
Oi Rafael, obrigada por me linkar, farei o mesmo. E tecnologia é mesmo tudo de bom.
Kamila, lembro do vestido vermelho do Bafta, não gostei, mas esse look recente é muito pior. Fiquei curiosa pelo que vc disse e dei uma passada rápida no gettyimages pra ver fotos passadas da atriz no red carpet. Vc tem razão!!! Ela é tão jovem e bonita e acaba envelhecendo com uns looks góticos, sem falar na maquiagem supercarregada.
Sobre a mudança, vc sabe bem dos prós e contras. Mas tento me concentrar só no lado positivo. Obrigada pela torcida! Bom fds tb ^^
Romeika, eu acho que, na ânsia de querer mostrar algo diferente, a Eva se perde. Esses looks góticos não funcionam com ela e, como você bem disse, a deixa com um look completamente envelhecido.
Eva Green can do no wrong, even that monstrosity is pulled off by her other-worldly beauty.
I hope your move isn't causing too much stress and things go smoothly.
That deer picture is hysterical.
Hope the move goes okay. Love the pic of the starving bambis.
Pois é, Kamila, acho que o vestido que mais funcionou com ela foi um bege usado no Oscar, mas mesmo assim não gostei muito da calda.
The Clothes Horse: I'll have to disagree, I think no beauty can take this "monstrosity". The move thing is a little stressy, but it's fine so far:-) Thanks.
WendyB, you haven't seen anything:-p
fashionistakay: Thanks:-)
good luck with moving and everything - hope everything goes just you want it to!
:D
Hi. I hope everything turns right in your new home. By the way, I like your blog. Take care
Modern Marie, Thanks!
Hi Olimpia, glad you like my blog:-) And thanks!
Everyone, so many best wishes comments, thank you all! I hope it'll bring plenty of positive energy for this moving, since I'll need it. Have a nice weekend! (Mine has been work, work work, hard work..)
Mudar é sempre bom!
Se eu pudesse...faria isso todo ínicio de ano!
xD
boa sorte nessa nova fase!
Putz...
gosto tanto da Eva Green, mas ela tadinha...realmente tem problemas com o seu figurino!
Ela tem que aproveitar o jeito de francesinha perversa e sensual se vestindo de tal forma! Ela não precisa de muito...ela é linda e o exagero não lhe cai bem!
rsrsrs
nossa...olha a discussão né!
rsrs
Beijo!
good luck with the move! i love how optimistic you are despite how you have to leave all of your friends, but then again it is truly amazing that you were able to make friends so easily in randers, how you all bonded over lunch speaking the language you were learning, it sounds so sweet and idyllic. i'm sure you'll love copenhagen just as much, since you seem to soak up the best of your surroundings :)
honestly, i don't believe eva ever thinks about what she's wearing, this is a typical outfit for her, sad, that her personal style is coked out vampiress, she's so damn sexy too, it's depressing she always looks like crap
i understand what mean by "no more crocs. amen." indeed!! They're just ugly and who on earth would invent such ugly pairs of shoes?? ><"
and yyou're moving to copenhagen? When? And how exciting! Enjoy the process of moving for people tend to forget about that bit. And I know you'll have a wonderful time in copenhagen as your new home. ^^
Eva just goes to far
the hair or dress alone would have been ok, but together they just look wrong
good luck with the move!
oh also they have invented crocs with fur lining for winter
so sadly you cannot escape!
Olá Romeika!
Que bom que está mudando para melhor!!!!
É muito bom ter vida nova com bons desafios e ficar ainda mais perto de lojas legais e pessoas tbm!
Mil beijos e boa sorte nessa nova etapa!
You're so lucky to have the opportunity, it must be really exciting! I am also very jealous of how many languages you can communicate in, you're quite the multi-linguist!
Eva Green- I agree, there is too much drama in the outfit. She's beautiful but this is all wrong.
Torço para que tudo de bom ocorra nessa mudança, hehehe. Quanto à Eva Green, ela sempre exagera do visual. Se não me engano, no BAFTA, quando recebeu o prêmio de melhor revelação, estava parecendo uma bruxa (não muito diferente dessa situação da foto). Uma pena, já que muitas vezes diminui sua beleza.
Abraço!
good luck with moving! You will def. make new friends - so enjoy it!
good luck! i do have to get to denmark someday, it looks so beautiful.
I was just thinking of you sitting there, packed boxes stacked all around you in an otherwise empty-feeling house, looking out the window at those barren trees while eating a cold sandwish and waiting for the sound of moving trucks. Hugs.
I went to Copenhagen, long ago my uncle still lives somewhere close to there. congrats on your move sounds like a positive change.
x sara o
Wonderful post.
Oiii.
Nossa, que legal que você gostou de sua turma mista ..eu tb DETESTOO segregação ,aff. Você já tem uma facilidade em se comunicar por dominar 2 idiomas globais, mas sei que em alguns países europeus as pessoas detestam que cheguem lá falando Inglês, principalmente na Grécia. Nem sei como vamos nos virar lá (sim, iremos pra Grécia, aiai, nem acredito!).
Boa sorte na mudança...mudança é sempre estressante, por melhor que seja o destino.
Ah, a Eva Green tá mesmo tosca,...nessa semana vi uma foto da Sharon Stone num jantar, usando peles, plumas e um sapato bem esquisito...o que deu nessas mulheres heim? rsrs
=**
wow it's fab tt u're moving and those bambis are just too too cute!! haha!!
oh and eva's hair and dress are fabb!! just not tgt)):
ah, linda a foto dos veadinhos ...aqui tem deles só que eles nem chegam perto da gente, pois existem caçadores na região =/
Malditos caçadores
off post from Brasil:
Prezada Romeika: O A ROOM OF ONE´S OWN foi indicado ao 5º Prêmio Spoiler de Cinema e Blogs na categoria de Melhor Blog Estrangeiro. Parabéns!
Dear Romeika: The A ROOM OF ONE´S OWN has nominated for Spoiler BLOG´s Award in best foreign blog category. Congratulations!
William, concordo, a Eva Green eh belissima e nao precisa de muito pra ficar deslumbrante, pena que ela insiste em se vestir assim..:-S
Jayne, It wasn't this easy to make friends in Randers, I only started making real friends after summer holidays, when I could go back to school and ended up in this new class. But it's crazy indeed, when you think of the language problem and the whole communication thing.. :-)
Cotton Candy: I hope I'll have a wonderful time indeed:-)
Coco, croc winter line?:-S This is funny.
Kira, realmente tem muitas boas lojas e mais opcoes de compra em CPH. Beijos.
Meg, It's not that many languages hehe:-) But they sure helped me in this communication process in school, as well as making friends. Eva goes too far!
Vinicius, uma bruxa? kkkkkkkkkkkk Realmente, como jah comentei com Kamila, aquele vestido do Bafta + o cabelo foi terrivel! Abracos:-)
Lady N, I hope so!
Jessica, Denmark has some beautiful sides, it's worth a visit.
Seraphine, you totally guessed. There was just one truck, and it was last sunday when we arrived. But there were soooo many cold sandwishes hehe. Oh and the barren trees, and the cold wind, the rain..brrrrr, my bare fingers.
Sara, I remember you told me so. I'm happy for being here, it's really different from the entire rest of Denmark.
Emma, thanks:-)
Hannya, segregacao eh uma tristeza, mas aqui ateh certos grupos de estrangeiros se segregam, eh terrivel. Que massa que vc vai a Grecia, aproveite por mim, eh um dos meus sonhos de viagem, Atenas, as ilhas..deve ser tudo maravilhoso:-) Quanto aos gregos, eu nao sei, mas jah ouvi falar que na Franca o povo nao eh muito de falar ingles..
Quanto aos bambis, esse parque da foto eh protegido, e os animais sao acostumados a presenca do povo. Mas tem florestas onde a caca eh permitida (legalizada), e de vez em quando a area eh fechada pra caca. Pelo menos eh uma caca "boa", onde nao se desequilibra o ambiente e onde nao se matam femeas com filhotes, etc. Beijos.
Penelope, some people said the same, but I really don't like this dress, it reminds me of the witch in Snow White or something of the sort:-p
Marfil, muito obrigada pela indicacao! Estava meio pra baixo ontem, e depois que vi essa mensagem, fiquei muito feliz (e surpresa!) Obrigada:-)
And Thank you everyone for the good luck wishes!:-)
ew crocs were like so out of fashion and suddenly its a trend... i cant understand that ;)
I can imagine how tired you are, however try to enjoy the process. I truly wish you good luck in Copenhagen. I want to think that by now you are less stressed. I like the fact that you love Virginia Woolf as well. Take care
Zac Efron was in Hairspray and High School Musical
your not missing much....
Miss Scarlett: Me neither:-S
Olimpia: Thanks, I'm feeling much better now, and I've already started in a new school, though it's not as good as my previous one. It's actually pretty bad:-S *lol* Virginia Woolf is amazing!
Coco: I've seen "Hairspray" (loved it!), but who was he in the film? And HSM, blehhh:-p hehe
Olá Romeika!
Como está a mudança??
Espero que tudo se organizando...
Tbm estou gostando muito do estilo e da beleza da eva green...essa foto dela ainda n tinha visto e ainda sem o batom vermelho que sempre aparece nos eventos...
Muitos beijos e não some!
The famous 41 boxes. It would be a great title for your first film. You will make a film one day, won't you?
I know both of my neighbors, on each side of me, and also the neighbors across the street. I know their names and a little of their lives. I'd hate to live somewhere where you don't know your neighbors. I guess it's better than having neighbors you don't like though.
The thing nobody talks about, when they find that old dead lady years later, is she probably laid there on the floor for a week unable to get up, crying for help, surrounded by her 41 boxes.
Oi, Romeika.
Deve estar toda atarefada com a mudança. Estou esperando o post com suas opiniões sobre "Hairspray".
Beijos e bom final de semana!
Kira, infelizmente ainda tem uma bagunca aqui pra organizar.. :-S Beijos!
The Seeker: just left a comment on your blog^^ Not on the outfit, though:-S Maybe some other day.
Seraphine, There was never such a thing of having neighbors I didn't like, as I didn't know them at all hehehe Oh well, awful. Every foreign in DK I've ever met always comment on how people here are in these aspects. The last person who told me about how it bothers her as well was a german student in my new class. This, coming from a german person! And then some even think all europeans are cold and distant, no way. Fucked up Denmark:-S
I'd LOVE to make a film someday, even it was only for myself. That would be a good title, indeed! :-D And I hope I will NEVER be this old lady you last described hehe.
Kamila, nao eh nem mais a mudanca em si, mas a escola nova e tudo mais. Horario pessimo (das 12:15 as 15:30), quatro vezes na semana (segunda a quinta), o inverno no seu auge, escurecendo por volta das 15h30, eh coisa demais.. Acordo soh pra ir a aula (com essa escuridao daqui nao tenho pique de levantar antes das 9, e como nao tenho obrigacao de acordar mesmo..) Nao da tempo pra nada. De manha nao posso ir a cidade, pq logo tenho aula. Depois da aula tah tudo escuro, museus e tudo mais fechado (fecha de 17h, mas o tempo que leva pra chegar ao centro - meia hora, pensava que seria 15mins!, nao vale a pena o ingresso do museu), e de 16h30, John jah estah em casa mesmo. Soh tem os cinemas, e esses mesmos, soh vou na sexta (meu dia de folga) e fds. E a escola nova eh um capitulo a parte, a professora eh pessima e descompromissada e o nivel da turma eh baixissimo. Tah tudo uma M***a. rsrsrsrs.. Desculpa o desabafo.
Acho que eu preciso ver "Hairspray" de novo pra me animar hehehe Com relacao ao filme, concordo com tudo da sua critica, a unica coisa que me desagradou foi a voz "doce" do ator que faz o objeto de desejo da Tracy. Adorei a atriz que faz a Tracy e o John Travolta estah inspiradissimo! Beijos e bom fds!
oh i have those shoes... but they are not as confortable as i imagine them to be.. =P
molly*
Romeika, que coisa chata. Você que estava indo tão bem na outra escola, deve estar achando tudo horrível. Será que não dá para mudar de aula?
Opa, desculpa mas achei seu blog muito bom, e resolvi deixar um comentário... Bem, somos da SBBC e não tinha visitado seu blog por incrivel que pareça..
Agora peço se posso te linkar no meu blog, que é sobre cinema também..
Beijos
P.S.: Pq seus posts são escritos em ingles?
Rodrigo
Uh, yes, moving can be so annoying sometimes. My cousing used to live in Copenhagen, but she moved to Amsterdam a few months ago; she didn't like Copenhagen that much I guess.
I hate segregation of any type. Social one is the one you'll see the most around here, i can't stand it. I can't stand it when people don't recognize we're all citizens of the same country and have same rights, and there should be no difference between us just because of our skin colour or economic position.
Great post
♥
you know.. i Love the photo of you and the bambi deers. sooooo cute
Molly, aren't they even comfy? Pretty bad:-S
Pois eh, Kamila. :-S Eu quero mudar de sala, fazer logo a prova pro proximo modulo e mudar de turma, mas a professora jah foi colocando areia... Resta intensificar o auto-estudo em casa mesmo.
Oi Rodrigo, obrigada pela visita! Claro que vc pode linkar o meu blog, linkarei o seu tb. Escrevo em ingles pq eventualmente escrevo posts de moda/estilo (comecei o blog escrevendo sobre isso) e mais de 90% dos blogs desse genero sao internacionais.
Aisha, you're so right. And this sort of segregation because of economic position is so common in Brazil, and I suppose, in other latin american countries. Here in DK everyone is nearly "the same" when it comes to social/economic position, the segregation I have observed was the one I have described on the post. P.S.:Thanks! ^^
Blushing Apples: The bambis are so cute! I really like that photo as well hehe ^^
Hey you there!
It was a lovely post! I could imagine you packing and its really awful, but changes in our lives are always welcome and come for the best!
I wish you a great luck too =]
I felt lucky this "crocs fever" didnt happen here! They're really ugly!!!
About Eva Green, in a strange gothic way i liked her stile! heheheh
Kisses
No cinemtógrafo: Bagdad cafe
oh! You're back!! Finally, an update!! I'm so happy! ^^ I hope you like your new home and oh, how horrid of the weather to be windy and rainy whilst you were moving. that's dreadful. ><" but then again, it'll make your moving to your house more memorable . ^^lol!
I hope you'll like Copenhagen and that it will soon turn into home for you! ^^
É isso aí, Romeika. Não desiste, porque você já tinha feito tantos avanços no Dinamarquês. :-)
E assistiu "I'm Not There"? Achou um filme complexo? Fiquei curiosa para saber mais detalhes...
Beijos.
yer those flats!! and. the coat!! haha ok. will prolly post smt up. maybe AFTER my trip?! lol i give u my word; i'll do it((: yer, it's a strange new place!! different language and everthing..
Post a Comment