Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Singin' in the Rain




To hell with Rihanna's umbrella. When I think of rain, and therefore umbrellas, the first song and image that comes to my mind are the ones in the video up there. I don't think another person has ever looked and acted this happy in the rain before... OK, that was just acting. It rains here now and then, the sort of rain that a impermeable coat with a hood is enough to keep one dry. It seems like in Denmark the real bad rain comes during summer (At least that's how it was last year). So... if the weather is not getting any better, why not cheer up ourselves with a stylish umbrella? (Jeez, what an awful rhyme!)


Roses - The duck head in the first one may look a little odd, but the flowers in its inner part are just so pretty. I also like this different classic red version, I'd love to own a red umbrella.




Daisy & Sunflower - I have never seen such umbrellas, these are remarkably different, but yet so interesting.



A story is being told - The first one reproduces the Edgar Degas ballet class painting while the other one is an idyllic Paris image in a gorgeous black & white.


And here is my Top 3, but if I had to choose just one it would be the bright blue sky + clouds, though the pink & black romanticism of the first is quite irresistible (It almost looks like a parasol), and the last one is just so smart - you've gotten the average black umbrella from the outside and a lovely pink in its interior.

9 comments:

Kamila said...

A umbrella da Rihanna é a da moda, Romeika. :-)

De qualquer maneira, esses guarda-chuvas que você colocou aqui dão até pena de comprar e usar, pois são tão bonitinhos.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I like the last three the best--they look ordinary on the outside, but hold a secret for you alone.

SET said...

AWW I LOVE THESE UMBRELLAS, I DONT PICK THEM WELL, I THINK THEY ARE FOR THE RAIN AND THATS IT, BUT THESE MAKE A STATEMENT.

Anonymous said...

"Cantando na Chuva" é meu musical favorito em todos os tempos - de forma surpreendente até, já que não gosto de filmes muito antigos. E esse foi o ano de "Umbrella", sem dúvida ;-)

Romeika said...

Kamila, essas sombrinhas sao mesmo um luxo, devem ser bem caras...

Vinicius, nao aguento mais o ella ella ella de umbrella kkkkkkk..

Folks, thanks for the comments on this silly post of mine.

A. R. SHOUP said...

I like the Degas Umbrella, I don't know if I use some extrange things just to cover from the rain... but i always love to walk in the rain like Fred Aistaire (the consecuent cold is theme from another conversation)

Cheers

Olimpe said...

OH my god! More lovely unbrellas.

Liberty London Girl said...

Oh they are beautiful! LLG xx

Gloria said...

I actually have the cloud one. it was a splurge but I couldn't resist!