Sunday, February 10, 2008

Latest magazines...


The Star... - I don't find the cover great, but the entire photo shoot in the inside pages of australian Harper's Bazaar february issue look just beautiful. In the words of the magazine's editor, "Nicole was all smiles, funny and candid. A sweetheart. Not a diva, no attitude."

...And the Starlets - At this point everyone has seen the cover of Vanity Fair's annual Hollywood issue, as well as the amazing Hitchcock-like photo shoot (my favs are Zellwegger, Foster, Watts & Cotillard). Which not everyone has seen (or read) is the quite interesting posts Nathaniel from Film Experience Blog has been writing about the previous VF's Hollywood editions, a retrospective of before, now and then. I've discovered his blog very recently and it's just so fun to read! See VF's cover larger here.
Coming back soon with more interesting posts, I hope...

15 comments:

Kamila said...

Romeika, o ensaio da Harper's Bazaar da Nicole está lindo. Adorei o cabelo dela.

Essas edições especiais de Hollywood que a Vanity Fair faz são sempre interessantes. Gostei muito da escolha das garotas da capa (especialmente de ver Ginnifer Goodwin, America Ferrera, Amy Adams e Alice Braga) e o ensaio baseado nos filmes de Hitchcock ficou ótimo!

A Gwyneth Paltrow deve ter adorado "interpretar" a Grace Kelly, já que ela emula o estilo dele até demais.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

The Vanity Fair issue is stunning. I think it's strange seeing Nicole Kidman imitate Marilyn Monroe, because she seems so opposite to Marilyn (not curvey, a little cold, etc)...

Olimpe said...

I think Nicole is a strange case, sometimes she's stunning but sometimes she doesn't. Here she looks great

Romeika said...

Kamila, eu desconfio muito dessas capas estilo "as próximas estrelas" da VF, mas se for assim mesmo, que bom pra Alice Braga, e tomara que ela consiga bons papéis e bons filmes em Hollywood. Gwyneth deve ter ficado nas nuvens..! Mas cá pra nós, a única similaridade entre ela e a divina Grace Kelly é o fato de as duas terem um Oscar não muito merecido (IMO).

The Clothes Horse: Yes, Nicole is not very curvy these days, and she's so not MM, but the photographer (and maybe the airbrushing team) did a good job on the cover. She got boobs, lips and legs.

Olimpia, I have the same feeling sometimes ^^

Kira Aderne said...

Nicole tem alguma coisa que só ela tem, um olhar misteriosos e um corpo e rostos perfeitos...eu gosto de sua atuação no cinema tbm ;)


mil beijinhoss

Kamila said...

Romeika, é verdade essa semelhança entre Grace Kelly e Gwyneth Paltrow!! rsrsrsrsrsrsrsrsrrsrsr

Vamos torcer para que Alice Braga aproveite mesmo a chance que está tendo em Hollywood. A Ana Maria Bahiana fez um artigo recentemente sobre ela falando que ela está no caminho certo.

Anonymous said...

ooo good shoot of nicole and i love vanity fair too

i usually don't plug my blog on the comments, but i thought you'd be interested romeika b/c i did another post on a movie :)

Ida said...

the pink and white colours makes it look kind a 50s. I really like it.

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful to see Kidman doing such work at her age. Photographically, she gets better and better.
Great choices, Romeika!

Adele said...

I love this issue of Vanity fair.
I did a project about Anne Leibovitz at college so i had to go into detail about a few vanity fair shoots and there just amazing :)

Debbie said...

Nicole Kidman's pictures could have been improved i guess... I don't really like the one where she's biting her necklace... Where does that lead to????

Flair said...

I love this cover! A lot of my favorite actresses are on here too! I need to get myself a copy...

Anonymous said...

Adorei essa capa da Vanity Fair, especialmente pela presença da Alice Braga. Gosto muito dessa retrospectiva do Nathaniel, engraçado como muitos atores só cresceram na carreira - mas alguns poucos pararam por lá. Na capa dessa edição, não sei quem ainda estará no topo daqui a algum tempo, mas torço pela Ellen Page, Emily Blunt, Amy Adams e a brasileira, claro.

Abraço!

Unknown said...

I got the Vanity Fair issue because i was excited about the Hitchcock spreads, sadly it was pretty disappointing.

http://www.theshinysquirrel.com

Romeika said...

Kira, sempre gostei da Nicole atriz, já viu antigos dela como "Terror à Bordo"? bjs!

Kamila, não vi esse artigo, mas tb torço pro sucesso dela, que já provou o seu talento em solo nacional.

Jayne, I'll be checking this post soon! Good you tell me so;-)

Stupidcupcake, you're right on the 1950s atmosphere.

Seraphine, I'd love to see more around 40-years-old female stars on mag covers. And thanks!

Adele, your project sounds so cool.

Debbie, I don't know hehe

Flair, I would love to have this edition as well.

Vinícius, essa retrospectiva é ótima, um blog tão legal e eu nem conhecia (conheci graças a vc), enfim, vamos ver quais dessas estrelinhas se consolidarão. Ainda não vi "Juno", mas gostei bastante da atuação da Ellen Page em "Hard Candy". Torço por todas as que vc citou, e tb pela America Ferrera. Abs!

Jessica, I liked the Hitchcock photos. Hugs.