Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Quizás, Quizás, Quizás

For this spring/summer I'm not really in the mood for fashionable maxi dresses, as I'm not so high in stature (I'm 162 cm), I'd rather purchase any chinese/In the Mood for Love inspired dresses, slightly above the knees. "The style of dress, known in Mandarin as Qi Pas, represents Chinese style in the West, at the same time represents Western fashion to the Chinese. It became popular in China during the Republican Period." Unfortunately I have no idea of where to find such a dress in Denmark.


Boboniaa rocking the look


I just LOVE the blue dress newcomer Tang Wei wore in the must see film Lust, Caution

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow love the dresses, i never would have thought of finding inspiration for spring dresses from these films!? maybe you could find the dress by thrifting?

Jimena said...

aren't the colours and textures in wong kar wai movies beautiful?

I love how Boboniaa wears her, and judging from your photos below, I think a similiar dress would look absolutely stunning with your style and body shape... good luck finding one!!

lots of kisses

ღ mey ♥¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨♥ღ said...

lovely blog
wait you visit mine :)

http://thedrammaqueen.logspot.com

kisses!

Kira Aderne said...

mas os maxidresses dão mais estatura para quem n é tão alta, acho que deveria tentar, um em uma cor lisa talvez...

ano passado vi uma jaqueta de fake couro linda na riachuelo, deixei passar, agora me arrependo...

beijos e abraços,
Kira

Kamila said...

Apesar de achar esse tipo de roupa deslumbrante e belíssima, acho que eu nunca usaria algo assim.

No entanto, acho que esse estilo tem tudo a ver com você!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

That actress is beautiful. I love this look, but I always wonder if I can pull off this kind of dress...

Anonymous said...

I really want to see the movie. It looks and sounds great. Ang Lee is a director that I admire deeply, has made at least one masterpiece, em many great films.

Ciao!

Flávia said...

Ótima escolha, esses vestidos são lindos. Lembro de uma festa que fui há um bom tempo em que uma garota roubou a cena com um vestido desses: lindo e diferente de todos os outros.

Bjs!

EvaAmarri said...

I do love my maxi dresses but I love that blue dress.

Style On Track said...

Ive been dying to see Lust, Caution, my mum told me to see it, and everyone else has been saying its quite raunchy, I love a good film. From these stills this movie looks AMAZING! I think i am in love with Tang Wei, she looks so elegant and I really do love this style, my favourite is the picture of the green dress you posted, that is really summery and beautiful :)

cotton candy said...

i am still yet to see lust, caution. I've heard such rave reviews about it! ^^ and hmm, is there a chinatown in denmark? if so, perhaps you could find one there? and speaking about qi pas, i've tried wearing one for "normal" days but i just look too made up and oriental, esp since im chinese. lol, it sounds strange but yehs... this boboniaa - how does she do it? she looks amazing!!

Fashion Tidbits said...

i thought the accessories were to die for in Lust, Caution!!!!!! every time a new clutch was shown, i swooned!

Ella Gregory said...

I love the little green dress with the pink flowers
it is so so sweet!
great post!

Romeika said...

Jayne, definitely by thrifting, it was the first idea that crossed my mind. So far, no success!

Jimena, they're indeed stunning. And thanks!

Kira, obrigada pela dica, quem sabe eu prove um desses vestidoes e acabe gostando. Beijos!

Kamila, obrigada pelo estimulo! hehe

The Clothes Horse, I'm sure u can! Just adapt it to ur own style.

Wally, it's one of my fav films this year so far, I think you'll like it;-)

Flavia, que bom que vc gostou. beijos!

On Track, Boboniaa's green dress is just so lovely, isn't it?

Cotton Candy, being chinese, I think it would look even greater on u! hehe Boboniaa does pull it off fantastically. And no chinatowns here:-(

Fashion Tidbits, yeah! The clutches, the shoes, the hats (!!!), I want that hat she wears!

Thank you for the comments!

Meg said...

I love the clothes in 2046 and In the Mood for Love, if you find somewhere to buy these, you know who'd like a tip =)

Times of Glory said...

Hello, it is such a great post! I love these dresses - the colour, the silhouette and detailing around the collar and shoulder. I guess you can find some great tailors for qi pas in China Town here in London, so maybe you can try China Town in Danmark :)

Romeika said...

Times of Glory: Thanks! Unfortunately there's no Chinatown in DK:-( But if I ever go to London, I'll definitely look for it there:-)