Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A summery spring day at an amusement park




Last saturday I was at Bakken, an amusement park outside Copenhagen, far bigger than Tivoli, and in my humble opinion, a funner place to be, not to mention that entrance is free and the restaurants and cafes aren't as expensive as the ones in Tivoli. Of course one can't leave CPH without visiting Tivoli, which is the oldest amusement park that has survived intact to the present day (Wikipedia info) and it's even listed in that book "1000 Places to See Before You Die". However, if one doesn't really mind historical meanings and loves long nature walks, I'd suggest visiting Bakken instead of Tivoli, but be aware that once a reviewer called the park "the Tivoli on a bad hair day". I don't even mind going there for the fun, I've been on a rollercoaster once (and never again, I'm such a chicken!) and to some other attraction, but what I like the most is just walking among a crowd of kids, adults and seniors in a gorgeous summery day with bright blue sky, enjoying the happy atmosphere, or just walking in the green. Such a day is perfect for a picnic under one of the thousands of trees that form the forest - or the deer park, like it is properly known - this once was a royal hunting ground for over three centuries. For those who appreciate colours of all sort, especially the vibrant ones, the place is a blast to photograph. Blue, pink and green seem to be everywhere, and ocasionally white. White coming from a plain vanilla ice cream, a Pjerrot's face or even a fairy tale horse that stands still while its rider - a golden haired swedish girl in sunglasses and hot pants - talks on the cell phone as a picture of a modern day princess.
A little more: Bakken is actually older than Tivoli, but I suppose it has gone through many changes along the years, whereas Tivoli remained "classic".

15 comments:

Romeika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Olimpe said...

The place seems really funny. As far as I know here in Mexico there's no a place like this. Such a shame!

Anonymous said...

hehe that is a very amusing amusement park, i love the swan ride :) i love how it used to be a royal hunting ground and now is a theme park, changed, much? haha

oh and thank you very much for the long comment on my lautrec post! i adore long comments, if you ever feel like writing one again I'd love it. to me, long comments are a huge compliment, it means the entry was thought provoking enough to entice a lot of response. besides, they also show me that at least someone did appreciate the post, sometimes i feel like people don't even read my posts (yes, i realize people are busy or they can ramble a bit) and its slightly frusturating when people only comment about one tiny element of the post or just say the pictures were pretty haha. i like knowing you actually read it!

Kamila said...

Romeika, imagino que esta visita a este parque deve ter sido uma delícia! Dá para a gente liberar a tensão, se divertir e entrar na brincadeira.

Adorei a Hello Kitty!! É um balão???

Anonymous said...

I *love* your photographs. It looks like a beautiful spring day. I agree, amusement parks are fun for a day, but the real fun is being outside walking and playing in nature. Sometimes the eyes like to play too, so hot pants, elephants and hello kitties are entertaining enough. I'm glad you had a good time.
I bet the food was great! Not in a culinary sense (amusement park food seldom is gourmet), but great in the fun factor. Did you try anything remarkable? Shrimp salad isn't typical fare...

Kira Aderne said...

Que lindo!!!
Realmente deve ter sido um dia maravilhoso!!!
a comida com laranja são camarões?
interessante!!!

Sobre vegan, acho legal qualquer iniciativa boa para o planeta, mas ser vegan não deve ser fácil! Fui vegetariana por dois anos, mas voltei a comer carne, porque é mesmo difícil balancear uma dieta rica em todos os nutrientes sendo vegetarian. Mas, admiro muito quem segue :)
Mil beijos

Tinsley said...

oh it looks like so much fun! great pictures - so bright

Your blog is so great! I love everything – the posts, layout… great job!

Times of Glory said...

This is such a beautiful amusement park, like a wonderland! You make me want to go for one now, but it is hard to find a pretty one here though.

Debbie said...

I love the pictures and how u displayed them in this post. Superb!

cotton candy said...

omgosh!!! it looks like as though you had a wonderful, colourful and breezy day that i would like to have so much as well!!! i absolutely love the photos that you have taken!!! =D

Lexie said...

your pictures are wonderful!

and thank you for your comments on my entries! i've linked you on the sidebar, i hope you dont mind! :)

Romeika said...

Jayne, I know what u mean, sometimes I can guess by a comment who really read the text and who didn't. But life is busy, it's not every time one can go through so many blogs and read each single word.. When it's hard to leave a comment for lack of time or cause I don't have anything interesting to say, I tend to not comment at all. I just wish I had extra hours a day to read all my fav blogs, and interact with them. Sometimes I read interesting posts, but not always leave a comment. Again..lack of time.

Kamila, eh o local certo pra liberar as tensoes;-) A hello kitty eh um balao, sim hehe ^.^

Seraphine, glad u like the photo work! You're right, most of the "food" at the park consists of greasy burgers, fries, lots of popcorn, ice cream, pink cotton candy:-) But they do have some restaurants which serve something a little different, like this shrimp salad I ate.

Kira, eh limao, e sim sao camaroes:) Beijos!

Copperoranges, I don't mind it at all, on the contrary, I'm gonna link u too, thanks!

Thank you all so much for the sweet comments!

Flávia said...

Ai, deu uma invejinha do seu dia no parque... deve ter sido demais!
Bjs

Romeika said...

Flavia, soh nao foi melhor pq eu estava com uma baita alergia hehe bjs.

Meg said...

These pictures are so lovely! The vivid colours are summer to a T. I haven't been to a fair in years but I have a sudden desire to go on a ferris wheel!