Monday, June 16, 2008

A Room of One's Own - 1st year anniversary


It seems like it was yesterday that I created this blog, and after a couple of weeks wrote my first real post (the very first doesn't really count) without expecting someone would actually read it. But little by little I started getting feedback on my writing, while getting to know so many nice and interesting blogs. After a year, I sort of feel like I have lost the track while posting... I have always posted about mixed topics, sometimes it was all about style, other times a movie post or even Literature or travelling. Most of the blogs I read tend to focus in only one thing, and I guess by doing this you get a more often readership. According to google analytics, most of my readers come here to read about style related topics, although I'm aware some others prefer movies related posts. I know that some of you enjoy both subjects, which is so motivating! However, I try to solve the problem by writing posts that mix movies and style now and then. I have even tried to write one movie post and one style post at the same day, but didn't succeed (after all, this is nearly the same as keeping two blogs!) I'm writing about what I really love to write, and I guess that's what matters, in the end of the day. And as long as I have readers, it's motivation enough! Thank you, all of you, who make this blog happen :-)
Photo: This lovely shot I found on Barsho's flickr page.

31 comments:

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Congratulations! My one year is coming up as well and so interesting to look back and see where I've come...

Anonymous said...

Romeika, parabéns! O tempo passa tão rápido, que eu jurava que você tinha mais de um ano escrevendo o blog. Você é uma escritora muito competente e eu aprendi bastante neste primeiro ano, com seus posts sobre as suas visitas aos diferentes lugares da Dinamarca e, principalmente, com os posts sobre estilo e moda, um assunto que eu entendo muito pouco!

Parabéns novamente e que esta data se repita por muito tempo!

Blue Floppy Hat said...

Congratulations on reaching the one-year mark! I tend to post about other things, too- so I understand what it's like to have people not responding to mixed topics (though I love your thoughtful posts, whether they're about film, style or your surroundings). And thank you for sharing your blog with us :)

mimi said...

congratulations! I love reading a mix of subjects here :)

ATF said...

congrats! i really like the movie topics.

how can i use that google analytics you mention¿ never heard of that before.

Times of Glory said...

Congratulations! Well done, Romeika! I really enjoy reading your posts! The movie posts have given me lots of inspiriations, yes, even on fashion! You always take time to explain everything in detail yet leave some room for imagination! I've learnt a lot from you! Darling, happy 1st year anniversary xxxxxxx

Terren said...

wow, this post sums up how i'm feeling about my blog too. i guess i'm greedy and want to share everything...but i'm still trying to sort all of that out.

happy to have found your blog and i look forward to reading more of your posts!

EvaAmarri said...

Congrats on ur one year. I love visiting ur site to read ur posts whether they be about style, movies or lovely photography

Romeika said...

Thank you all!

To Miss_Scarlett: Take a look here:http://www.google.com/analytics/index.html ^.^

Bonnie said...

Parabens menina!
Eu gosto de ler seu blog, eu tambem sei o que é morar fora da patria querida...mesmo pela vontade duno mesmo...
Mais eu moro na tua patria, Brasil! ( sou mexicana ) .
Beijos

Bonnie
cronicasplasticas.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!

Carolina Lange said...

Congrats!
Um ano passa tão rápido!
Eu adoro seu blog!

Meg said...

Congratulations! I was so excited about mine and I'm sure you must be too. You def. got a blog to be proud of!!! =)

Romeika said...

Bonnie, mesmo com paises de cultura mais proxima ja sente-se dificuldade, imagina aih numa cultura bem distinta hehe Obrigada! beijos.

Thank you all!!:-D

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I don't care if you're not solely a style or film blog, that's why I read this! I love it just the way it is, so keep doing what you're doing! :)

AVA said...

congrats! keep up the good work :)

Sam said...

congrats!!
happy 1st year anniversary!
=]

Anonymous said...

Congradulations Romeika! I love your blog and just don't come here more often because sometimes I get kind of lost on your posts about fashion, rsrsrsrs. I really think this room of yours is resonante and very interresting.

Ciao!

Romeika said...

Jayne, I know you're one of the visitors who like both posts;-)

Wally, I understand most of guys get lost while reading style posts hehehe

Thank u all!:-)

Ellie Lee said...

congrats romeika!! love your blog and the stuff you've posted!! Always an interesting read! And of course! How could i forget; your photography!!

Romeika said...

Penelope, thanks!!! :-)

A. R. SHOUP said...

Happy BloggBirthday (if such word exist), I hope that you keep watching movies, taking pictures and reading books.

Really is a pleasure to visit yor blogg from time to time.

Thanks for doing the same, a hug from the other side of the world.

See You and Cheers, Congratulations

prettygeeky.com said...

lol, yeah, I wasn't sure where I was going with my blog as well but I guess I'm ok with my mumbo jumbo of random thoughts. =d

I like reading blogs that have a variety of things in it so your blog is very appealing to me...which means I'll link it to mine. =)

Anonymous said...

Parabéns, Romeika, mesmo que atrasado - não sei se sabe, mas tive um problema com meu computador durante a última semana, por isso não consegui visitar nenhum blog. Abraço!

Romeika said...

A.R., thanks for the support! Hug back ^.^

prettygeek: thanks for the link! I'll check out ur blog soon.

Vinicius, eu sabia que seu pc tava quebrado, nao se preocupe pelo "atraso";-) E obrigada! Abs!

STYLE DU MONDE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
STYLE DU MONDE said...

Hey Romeika,

Congratulations! Wish you more and more lovely readers. Very positive and interesting blog :-) I am adding you as my favorite.

Acielle xx

PS Many thanks for sweet words and support. It is very important for me now. As I started my blog only 10 days ago.

Romeika said...

Acielle, thanks for the link and the good wishes! I wish the same for you, it sounds so interesting to know more about belgian street style.

Diana Coronado said...

Congratz, plz keep bloggin !!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a year! Here's to many more!

Anonymous said...

congrats!!