

Asos cream blouse and white skirt; InWear black skirt; Indiska white tights; H&M lace tights, belt and hairpins; pearls bought in Natal this july and Feet Me shoesIt has snowed again, this time very little, and it will probably melt along the night... If today was a warm spring day, I'd wear this cream coloured victorian blouse and the white skirt alone with brown wedges and a handbag. But it's 2 C outside... which means, layering, layering, layering. Two skirts, two tights, a practical H&M men's scarf, that unlike the women's doesn't shed and leave one covered with fibers. The last touch is another lipstick layer to darken my lips. At the language center we've been learning more complex subjects to develop our danish language skills.. things like movies, economics, media, a bit of everything that matters. Yesterday we saw a danish film, one I've never heard before, but that could be easily recognized as a typical dogma film. So today we were supposed to discuss not the film itself, but the characters' personalities, however, someone mentioned it was a dogma film: "Yes. So... what's a dogma film?", asked the substitute teacher. The person replied "it's a special film genre, blah blah, no lighting, trembling camera, blah blah blah, realistic acting blah blah". Film genre?!? Then I say the film could be labeled as a tragicomedy, and I ask the teacher what's the precise word to define something like dogma. She doesn't understand what I mean, and then I say "like nouvelle vague in France was ... and neorealism in Italy and this and that..", so she looks at me with a facial expression that seems to say "what the heck is she talking about?". I've just checked on wikipedia, and I got my answer ^.^


32 comments:
Romeika, que foto linda a da planta coberta com um pouco de neve! :-)
Amazing Gothic Lolita interpretation! I did a Harajuku fashion tribe breakdown a little while ago, this image would have been ideal. Sucks that you knew more than the sub...I hated knowing more than the teachers!
Loving the photo with the umbrella!
hey!
it might be a short- day, fast to get dark winter over there, but at least its snowing!! HOW FUN!!
(i guess seeing as i only get to see snow once a year when i go skiing im kinda all for snow.) but i can imagine it being quite annoying and dangerous sometimes... nevertheless you look great! i love the outfit. the whole combination looks fantastic!
Roupas, roupas e mais roupas para se sair em dia de neve, né Romeika?!
Sobre o filme... não era, por acaso, Dogville? =) Filme dinamarquês que exemplifica o Movimento Dogma 95... belo filme, por sinal. E tb queria te recomendar um: After the Wedding, tb dinamarquês e sensacional!
Ahhh, obrigado por citar o meu blog, mesmo sem querer hahahahahahahahahaha ("...things like movies, economics, media, a BIT OF EVERYTHING that matters.")
Bjos!!
I don't think this looks Lolita at all? You're missing the key element of a bell-shaped skirt.
Your tights are gorgeous.. but I don't think I would call this look Lolita ;D
i just loved that neckless
Great photos...and i'm still laughing at the situation you described on the last lines...rsrsrsrs.
Ciao!
LOOK AT YOU! all made up and looking beautiful in that awesome outfit. no no no, don't go outdoors, Romeika. the world is going to beat a path to your front door.
That last photo is just gorgeous! Love the outfit, and the picture of the snow! Now I have to 'wikipedia' dogma to find the answer ;)
Ate logo!
xx
Have you seen Picnic at Hanging Rock?
Isn't a dogma film about making a set of rules that you have to follow when making the film? Like f.ex hand-held cameras only, no artificial lights, and so on?
*checks wikipedia*
oh, I was on the right track! I thought the rules could be different from movie to movie, but it seems they all follow the same rules :) I learned something new!
Thats a cool interpretation of loligoth! Makes me miss my old victorian-style blouse. It shrunk, so I gave it away. Later, I shrunk, and it probably would have fit me now. Oh hindsight. I'm never throwing out clothing again!
Is that snow on your head?! I LOVE THE TIGHTS!
nice
Kamila, foi tirada na varanda:)
Fashion Dreamer, thanks:) And the poor sub, she was only there to cover a temporary hole, hehe The worst was the "film genre" coming from one of the students..and today someone else said Tarantino's films suck cause they don't portray the reality... Kill me, God.
Marielle, thanks!
Zoe, it was just a tiny bit of snow, and now it's raining:( thanks:)
Kau, para sair em qualquer dia do inverno dinamarques, sem mencionar o outono e inicio de primavera! hehehe Haja criatividade pra tanta sobreposicao:) O filme se chama "Små Ulykker", nao sei qual eh o titulo em portugues, eh um filme 100% dogma, dirigido por uma diretora dinamarquesa cujo nome nao lembro (nao eh a Susanne Bier, cujo "after the wedding" eu vi, achei bom). Dogville realmente apresenta influencias do movimento, mas nao vejo como um filme "dogma". Felizmente, todos filmes do Lars von Trier que eu vi nao sao 100% dogma, ele tem talento demais pra o ter "desperdicado" dessa maneira. Quanto a "citacao", de nada;) hehe Bjs!
Vief, you're right, it's not gothic lolita, as it wasn't supposed to be (it's not even victorian). It's just influenced by both of them somehow, adapted to my taste in style, in my own particular way. But thanks for the insight anyway:)
Rock and roll star, my fav pearls ever.
Wally, it's indeed funny! hehe
Seraphine, how hard it was walking in the slippery dark path this morning!
Brigadeiro, maybe you'll find out you've seen one of these films before. Thanks:)
nursemyra, yup, a couple of months ago. I didn't love the movie, but the costumes and the sountrack are wonderful.
Maja, exactly, and so many other rules, and all directors following them.. I can understand why they got sick of it after a while. Oh, I feel your pain! I've given away a bunch of clothes, bags and sandals I thought I wouldn't need here in DK because of the weather..now I regret=/ Hope you get to find another victorian blouse:) And thanks!
yiqin, yup, that's snow:) Brrrrrrrrrr.
Trendy gourmandise, thanks:)
how beautiful!
i want snow to come soon! :)
xoxo,
MJ
i love your outfit x
ooo love the tights! very awesome victorian!
i love your make-up. ugh i wish i could pull off your shade of lipstick. you're always so daring!
this is wonderful, especially when you're surrounded with snow!!
I thought the movie was overrated when it first came out. Haven't seen it for years but don't think I'll change my mind.....
I like dogma films though. And anything at all directed by Lars Von Trier
Uma Linda Lady!
amei!!!
Que delícia que deve ser brincar na neve :)
Mil beijos queridíssima ;)
you're lovely!
what a cute outfit! and love the images. i want snow so bad!!..
i think the top one is the nicest pic i have seen of you.
Love your lipstick! And esp your last photograph! You look gorgeous!
ps. i gave you an award! :)
amazing, so victorian!
I first thought you were wearing tie dyed tights. Actually, you just gave me a diy idea.
- http://labelleetlaitgirl.wordpress.com
I can't tell you enough how amazing you look.
Dayna
I'm so, so envious of your ability to wear lipstick. The last picture is so chic, you belong to another time!
Wow, you look amazing and you're such a gorgeous girl!
<33333
Post a Comment