Friday, April 10, 2009

tea time

"If you are cold, tea will warm you. If you are too heated, it will cool you. If you are depressed, it will cheer you. If you are excited, it will calm you." - Gladstone, 1865.

Tea time is a tea parlor-café located on Nørrebro in Copenhagen. It's delightful stepping into its vintage, romantic and why not to say, dreamy atmosphere which contrasts with the world outside. Sitting by its rough antique furniture while contemplating its pastel coloured decour is a ticket to a time that no longer exists.

One of the menu options is the classic afternoon tea, which serves two people. Time to indulge yourself in delicious pastries while sipping a nice cup of tea. My friend and I had a wonderful time!

Marie Antoinette moment: cucumber sandwiches, homemade scones with lemon curd, clotted cream and strawberry jam, various cakes...

I love this quote about drinking tea: "The first cup moistens my lips and throat. The second cup breaks my loneliness. The third cup searches my barren entrail but to find therein some thousand volumes of odd ideographs. The fourth cup raises a slight perspiration - all the wrongs of life pass out through my pores. At the fifth cup I am purified. The sixth cup calls me to the realms of the immortals. The seventh cup - ah, but I could take no more! I only feel the breath of the cool wind that raises in my sleeves. Where is Elysium? Let me ride on this sweet breeze and waft away thither." - Lu Tung, Tea-Drinking.

Whimsical selection of sweet delights.

Rooibos with orange and lemongrass. Would you like a cup of tea? :-)

19 comments:

Unknown said...

I was just there the other day too!! It is such a great place! I had a raspbarry cake which was absolutely to die for.

Maja said...

That looks so nice! We need a place like this where I live, we are riddled with coffee shops but I'm not much of a coffee person :)

get zapped said...

I'm warmed by the beautiful and soothing pictures. I'm ready for a cup :)

Lexie said...

i had my first tea shop experience this summer when i visited my friend in nyc. we stopped by this little place called Sympathy for the Kettle (what a great name!!!) and had the most delicious chrysanthemum tea with wild honey!

Romeika said...

Line, it was the first time I was there, I fell in love with the place. Next time I must try the raspberry cake;-)

Maja, I'm not a coffee person either hehe

get zapped, :-)

copperoranges, it must have been a delightful experience, and such a great name, indeed!

Brigadeiro said...

Que delicia e beleza! Looks like you stepped into another era, gorgeous!
xx
Feliz Pascoa! :)

indigotangerine said...

tea is so good. earl grey with honey is my favorite. I just had a tea party the other day.
-indigo

Alice X said...

i love your photo editing:) sooo cute!

alicexinwonderland.blogspot.com

Vertiginoso said...

Ooooooh YES This "Fairytalesque atmosphere" clearly reminds me a "Vintage Boudoir escaped from day to day Reality", a Retro aesthetic full of an universal/dreamlike power of evocation !!!

à Bientôt, Antoine

Anonymous said...

oh yes pleas:)
a cuppa would be great!!your table look sooo delicioius!!:D

Rylie said...

that quote is darling.&&i love your photographs. <3

Kamila said...

Que lugar mais lindo, Romeika. Uma aparência vitoriana, decoração linda! Perfeito! Pena que não gosto de chá!

ambika said...

This all looks so lovely and is making me crave another cup (it'd be my third of the day!)

H @ Narnia's Closet said...

oh that looks so lovely and your top compliemnts the tea well. there's a tea shop in my town here but its nothing like that! it serves lovely gourmet loose leaf tea, but does nothing like the whole tea ceremony you enjoyed.

Ellie Lee said...

Really pretty pictures! Aw; I can't imagine the FUN you guys must have!

Eda said...

Pretty post!I'm going to prepare some tea right now. Unfortunately I don't have all those delicious cakes:)

Romeika said...

Kamila, se nao me engano, eles tb servem chocolate quente hehe:-) A decoracao tem um clima bem vitoriano mesmo.

Thank u all for the comments!

ZuKi said...

Oh my god, this cafe is just a dream! It really seems that you are in other century there! And your outfits fit the style! I envy:)

~h~ said...

I want to be there RIGHT NOW! Appears like an absolutely perfect day. :)