Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Lady Guinevere

I'm currently allured by the looks, class and style of the american model Guinevere van Seenus. I know the lady is in the business for quite a while and i don't recall seeing her in editorials or magazine covers lately, but i've seen photos of her previous jobs from early 2000's and she looks absolutely stunning. What first caught my attention was her curvy figure: she's thin, like models are supposed to be, but she doesn't have a skeleton aspect, something that in the fashion industry these days is not so usual and in my opnion, is always welcome. She also makes me think of the 30's Hollywood femme fatale figure.
Her long eyebrows, pale skin and iced blue eyes, plus the peculiar jawline and the self-contained attitude while posing make her so classy. She's one of those ladies that can pose wearing nothing but shoes without putting a drop of vulgarity in a shot and looking as glamourous as ever.
However, she doesn't seem to have a personality as admirable as her alluring looks. Searching about her modeling career i found a quote of hers on british magazine The Face back in 2000, about the Second World War's Holocaust: "Karma has lots of different explanations. I've been told that 'gay' is really that you've had so many lifetimes as a particular sex that, when you move into a new sex, you have trouble adjusting. One of the karmic explanations for the Jews that were massacred was that they were the Huns at one point. You know, they massacred, pillaged, and raped thousands of villages so . . . I mean, I dunno if I believe that, but if you're bad you're gonna have repercussions in another lifetime."
Yeah right. Tssskkkk. I hope she has changed her mind about such a stupid thought. Anyway, here are some of my fav works of hers:

Numero Magazine



In one of the Pirelli Calendar's edition



9 comments:

Siru said...

thanks from linking :D <3<3

Pirelli Calendar's edition's pictures looked amazing !

juliet xxx

Carolina Lange said...

The photos are fantastic! Great post!
My first language is portuguese, I was born in Brasil.
What is it laike for a brasilian to live in Denmark? Post about it!
Tomorow I'm going to France and Denmark!

Romeika said...

Oi Carolina, minha primeira lingua tb eh portugues, entao nao tem necessidade do ingles, nao eh? hehe Mais cedo ou mais tarde escreverei um post assim, com minhas impressoes sobre o pais e tudo mais..Obrigada pela ideia! Boa viagem!

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

she's so beautiful, what gorgeous photos!

Kamila said...

Romeika, essa modelo é bonita, mas não no sentido convencional. Ela tem uma beleza própria.

Anonymous said...

Oi Romeika.
Mais um otimo (blog)dessa vez :)
epois q vc a postou em women_in_style eu comecei a gostar da Guinevere.
Me encantei com os editoriais, e essas capas estão lindas tambem
beijos.

Romeika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Romeika said...

Kamila, concordo. Ela tem um que de androginia, mas ao mesmo tempo tracos e formas bastante femininos. Sem falar no contraste frieza/sensualidade.

Cristina, obrigada pela visita, que legal que vc passou por aqui! A Guinevere realmente tem uma beleza unica, me surpreendo por ela nao estar trabalhando tanto hj em dia...

Vertiginoso said...

I've discovered her in extracts from Pirelli 2005 Calendar: a sculptural and sulfurous charisma . . . ps: Great Thanks for your comment on my blog,pregnant Natalia Vodianova is simply Wonderful of Beauty . . . Cordially.