Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Summer in black


I didn't know black could be this popular during summer time, as from where i come from i wouldn't spot many women in black during the hot season. Maybe that's because from where i come from, we use to have real summers. But look, when i took some of those pics in Copenhagen (back in june), it wasn't so chilly, it was 15 degrees, no rain and no wind the entire day. I guess some people just exagerate, or maybe they're just afraid of getting a cold, and also, most of coats are black... But look at one of the pics (the third in the first row or the second in the last row): black coat, black bag, black boots, black tights. That was a little too over, i think. Morticia Adams would be proud of her. Some of these pics i took in Malmö, Sweden, and that was a fun experience. I took a seat not so far from a store which window featured a dress in (guess!), black. It didn't take more than 15 minutes for me to shoot several photos of passants wearing black. And that was a pretty ok summer day.
Don't get me wrong. I do love black, but i also love other colours, and sometimes we should give black a break in our daily life. I remember in my early teens i was so in love with black i could hardly wear anything else. Today i realize i was living a nightmare. Black mixed with other colours (even gray or white) is much better than a 100% black look, in my humble opnion. Here are some of the few colours i've seen in Copenhagen:


Much better, huh? To see the first collage of photos in its original colour, click here, and here to get a slightly bigger image of the second collage.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the thing with black. You can wear it with anything, even more black. I love it. It works everywhere, but hot sticky climates. Black isn't a good sticky color.

Romeika said...

Seraphine, black is very handy indeed, it's very rare to make a mistake by choosing this color. But for summer time, too much black is a little over, i think. In DK, there's a LONG winter for doing such a thing.

AVA said...

just checked my closet, and I actually don't have that much black.. I'm not a person screaming colours walking by, it's not that.. I find black classy, but somehwat boring, that's why I always intend to mix black with something (coloured tights, huge accessories), I think it works..

Kamila said...

Ah, Romeika, preto é básico e deve ser usado mesmo em todas as estações. :-)

Romeika said...

Ava, Here you go! That's the spirit ^^

Kamila, concordo em parte, afinal, preto deve ser usado sempre, mas preto total estilo Morticia Adams no meio da rua em plena luz do dia aborrece só de olhar:-S E se todo mundo tb está de preto é outra coisa cansativa, parece falta de criatividade ou medo de errar. Enjoei tanto do preto em Copenhague que o meu casaco pro outono é vermelho, acho até mais feminino do que o preto. E como sei que que é só chegar o outono/inverno que o festival do preto começa... Preferi optar pela diferença.