Cher would be proud. The knee high socks have invaded the streets in all sort of styles. I'm not a great fan of this specific look, though i've tried it before during spring in order to warm my legs, wearing the socks over tights. This simple layered look doesn't really work for me when it comes to danish weather. As long as it's a sunny and not-windy day, i'll still have chills in my legs. I also dislike the shape of my legs and knees when i'm wearing knee socks. Maybe i should never wear it again. Maybe just school girls and slender-legged women were meant to look good in this sort of accessory.Take these pictures, for example. I think the fourth look (from left to right) is the best, though the third one also works pretty well. The last look would be perfect for a not so bad autumn day. But don't forget your umbrella at home! The two first ladies look really playful here, they're sure the kind of people a certain street style photographer loves to hunt.
This sort of mustard yellow coloured knee socks from H&M are everywhere. I especially like the third legs' look. Her knees are not the Nabokov's Lolita kind, nevertheless it works greatly (perhaps, the right shoes make it work?). Talking about H&M, why do they sell a coat (it looks like the one on the 4th picture) which pockets don't exist, but the campaign image says it actually exists? I was in one of their stores this week, and "the great purchase of the day" was the exact same coat. What's the point of buying a pocketless coat?
Pictures: (1) Russian model Vlada in all her anorexic glory, by The Sartorialist, (2-5) Knee high socked ladies by Face Hunter in London, (6) H&M campaign image, (7) The Cherry Blossom Girl in lovely oxford shoes and (8-9) Stockholm Street Style.







32 comments:
Esse negócio de Knee High Socks fica bem em jogadoras de volei. No dia-a-dia, sei não, Romeika...
Romeika!
Que post interessante...agora a pouco mesmo vi uma foto do filme sex in the city and carrie estava usando exatamente um look com essas meias lindas!
Já usei muita meia como essas, mas no meio da perna no máximo...hj em dia não uso mais...mas acho legal ;)
beijoss
Hate!
Adoro meião!!
Mas ainda não tive coragem de usar fora de casa =D
i love the trend when done right. vlada looks gorgeouss and she has the slender slender legs to pull it off.
Kamila, lembro que quando eu tinha 11/12 anos teve uma moda passageira assim, e os meninos bobos zoavam das meninas, perguntando.. "vcs estão indo jogar futebol?"
Kira, tb vi essa foto da SJP no blog da Coco, achei supercool o look. Mas a Carrie pode tudo, ainda mais com aquelas pernas de bailarina dela.
Cassiano, explique o porquê do seu ódio rsrs..
Hannya, aqui é tudo uma questão de sobreposição de peças pra driblar o frio. Tipo meia-calça preta opaca + as meias, é uma boa opção pra quem quer usar saia ou vestido. Jeans e calças todos dias por 9 meses consecutivos não tem quem aguente.
Alluretone, i agree. I love it in other women.
Love the yellow and splash of black.
you know you love me,
gossip girl
Romeika!
Amei o look da Rachel Wood...nossa as luvas brancas estão o máximo contrastando com o visual todo em preto. Eu ainda não tenho as minhas luvas, mas definitivamente é um visual que vou adotar, awsome!!! hehehe
Vc que mora aí mais no frio tbm deve usar se quiser, é super chic e cool!
Mil beijocasss
Como andam os preparativos para a sua viagem pra cá?
everybody is wearing knee highs here in australia because of school uniforms so I think they are sick of them I however love all the different color combinations!
me too!! i hate the shape that it gives me when i wear knee high socks. urgh..not a good look for me. i envy those that look great in them. and me too - i especially like the third leg's look with the yellow socks!! =D
I love it!
Eu uso bastante, mas a que eu uso vai até o joelho.
really loved this look but i guess; they arent for my knees! haha!! love the girl in the 1st pic!
anyhow thanks for d comment! and romeika.. i know we cant blame it on fashion but the fact that wht's pretty and wht's not. it's pretty much been... decided for us already. so we're kinda "born" into a world whr only the zeros and twos are.. acceptable int he fashion world...
anyhow; glad tt u loved the post!! meant a lot to me! haha!
love.
I love the look better in photographs than in real life. Sometimes knee highs look very natural, like with plaid or athletic uniforms. That's the look I like best.
Oh, I think it's a sexy look. It really just recalls the knee-high boots to me. Focuses attention in the same way but it's a bit more fresh, plus you've got the pervy school-girl appeal going on with the socks.
The "fashionissime" reinterpretation of "SchoolGirl Street Style" : for a classy-mischievous allure, with a refreshing coloured-creativity . . .
Cordially, Antoine
Romeika, os meninos estavam certos. Esse visual é muito jogador de futebol, de volei. Acho que não combina muito com o dia-a-dia.
Oi, Romeika! Tb vi essa foto da Carrie no filme de Sex and the City usando as meias... tenho visto algumas fotos por aí e às vezes fica legal, às vezes não.
Como tudo na moda, acho que é uma questão de saber compor o look e usar de acordo com seu corpo e estilo. Eu lembro que qdo era criança tinha uma meia branca dessas, ainda tenho, mas nunca mais usei... Na época a gente usava com um conjuntinho xadrez, parecia uniforme de colegial!
Imagino que vamos ver muito essas meias no próximo inverno por aqui também. É sempre assim, a princípio a gente estranha, mas com o tempo vai vendo looks legais e acaba aderindo... Pessoalmente, prefiro as meias-calças opacas coloridas, mas não acho feios os meiões bem usados não...
Bjs!
i love the mustard coloured pair
i think they can look nice on some people (sjp) but on others it can look really trashy and cheap
it also reminds me of clueless too much
I liked Clueless!
It's one of my fav movies!
I'm personally a fan. I can't wear stripes or anything too crazy, but I do love the way you can wear them in different ways, they can be playful or a little more serious too! It's also nice to give tights a break sometimes too!
Cotton Candy and Penelope, for what i could see on your pics, you have great legs and i'm sure these socks would suit you;-)
Seraphine, i love Clueless too!
Wendy, yup, it can be very sexy too. It's all up to how you wear it.
Kamila, essa meia grossa da primeira foto, quando usada da maneira errada realmente fica com um visual muito esportivo. Mas tem outras cores e materiais que quando usados da maneira certa deixam o look bem feminino.
Flávia, ADORO meias-calças opacas coloridas. E lembro que quando era novinha tinha um conjuntinho de short e colete xadrez, que eu usava com uma meia dessas rsrsrs... Só faltava a gravatinha:-p Concordo que tudo depende da forma que se adota o look. Beijos!
Meg, i have a black pair with small white polka dots on *lol* I bought it last spring, but i've hardly worn them. I'm more interested in these socks to warm up my legs and i particularly prefer a more serious look, like this one: http://bp1.blogger.com/_l_KJ4RzVEDU/Rv_WtcXnW_I/AAAAAAAAFtg/ZUAeWvN0pMM/s1600-h/facehunter_londond_.jpg
****
I'm off now, everyone, tomorrow i'll have my first danish exam. I'll be visiting your blogs tomorrow after school. ^^
Tá certo, Romeika. Vou confiar na sua palavra de expert em moda. :-)
hahah they do remind me of clueless, they can ad a good kick an an outfit. blog again soon xox
andei meio sumido - sabe como é, faculdade, nove cadeiras, todas com trabalhso para entregar, falta tempo até pra namorar... hehehaha
mas estou de volta (não sei até quando... hehe)e passa lá pra tomar um café!
abraços
i totally love it! i have pain in my leg (rotura de fibras en el gemelo) and for two months i had to wear like this socks and its totally great!
i wear them everyday, as part of my uniform, but i would love to wear them outside of school! it has to be with the RIGHT outfit tho!
:)
I love them actually, they look cute!
C.
Kamila, ;-)
Everyone, thanks for the comments. Always nice to hear what you guys think.
love love love it!
I love them but have never actually worn them out with a dress or anything, I want to but it's a bit too chilly here for that!
I'm not a fan of the knee socks. It looks good on some people, but not me, so therefore I don't like it. :)
White knee socks and a strapless ballet-sandal. Very nice and sweet.
But too hot for summer. I always see bare legs and feet.
Post a Comment