Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Since snow is never coming, I've been looking forward for april (as march is nothing but a post-winter here)


I wish it were spring, cunningly blowing on the fallen sparks, odds and ends of the old, scattered fire, and kindling shapely little conflagrations, curious long-legged foals, and wide-eared calves, and naked sparrow-bubs.



I wish that spring would start the thundering traffic of feet, new feet on the earth, beating with impatience.



I wish it were spring, thundering, delicate, tender spring. I wish these brittle, frost-lovely flowers of passionate, mysterious corruption were not yet to come still more from the still-flickering discontent.



(...) Come quickly, and vindicate us. Against too much death. Come quickly, and stir the rotten globe of the world from within, burst it with germination, with world anew. Come now, to us, your adherents, who cannot flower from the ice. All the world gleams with the lilies of death the Unconquerable, but come, give us our turn. (D. H. Lawrence - read the entire poem here).

17 comments:

Kamila said...

Romeika, o poema postado é lindo e as fotos mais belas ainda.

Romeika said...

Obrigada, Kamila! ^^

Anonymous said...

I love the poem.
I love the tulips.
Your tulips are open.
I love the photos.
Spring and color come
from the heart. Hugs.

Kira Aderne said...

As flores estão lindas, algo maravilhoso para começar o ano!

Como foi de ano novo? Veio a Natal?

Mil beijos!

Anonymous said...

Assim como todos os seus posts com fotografias, este também ficou muito bonito visualmente. Destaque para o poema. Abraço! ;-)

cotton candy said...

wow what lovely flowers!! and such lovely photography too!! ^^ and yes, a date with spring is perfectly lovely.

Romeika said...

Seraphine, Now all my tulips are dead, It's been over a week.. Hugs too ^^

Oi Kira, passei o ano ano aqui mesmo. Acho que viajo a Natal em julho. Beijos!

Obrigado, Vinícius! Abs:-)

Cotton Candy: Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just discovered your blog, it´s great! I love those flowers... We have black tulips waiting for spring at home... :-)

Unknown said...

I love these tulips and am dreaming of the spring.

http://www.theshinysquirrel.com

Romeika said...

Mer, welcome! I hope you keep visiting my blog ^^ And thanks!

Jessica, me too:-)

Seeker said...

Lovely pictures
Make one dreams with spring...

A. R. SHOUP said...

Cheer up, it's sad the absence of winter, but it's better to enjoy the brigth colors of the Spring, maybe Coleridge makes you forget the subject in a coll way.

THE ROSE by S. T. Coleridge.

As late each flower that sweetest blows
I plucked, the Garden´s pride!!
Within the petals of a Rose
A sleeping Love I spied.

Around his brows a beamy wreath
Of many a lucent hue;
All purple glowed his cheek, beneath,
Inebriate with dew.

I softly seized the unguarded Power,
Nor scared his balmy rest:
And placed him, caged within the flower,
On spotless Sara´s breast.

But when unweeting of the guile
Awoke the prisoner sweet,
He struggled to escape awhile
And stamped his faery feet.

Ah!! soon the soul-entracing sight
Subdued the impatient boy!!
He gazed!! he thrilled with deep delight!!
Then clapped his wings for joy.

"And O!!" he cried - "of magic kind
What charms this Throne endear!!
Some other Love let Venus find -
I´ll fix My Empire here."



Happy warm winter!!!

Romeika said...

The Seeker, thanks:-)

A.R. Shoup: Thanks for the poem, I really liked it! And it's actually winter here, hehe but no snow:-S

Flair said...

Oh I'm ready for spring too! This was a lovely post!

Romeika said...

Thanks, Lady N:-)

Olimpe said...

I miss to be around flowers. Cómo te sientes en tu nueva casa?

Romeika said...

Hola Olimpia, estoy contenta en mi nueva casa, aúnque hayan cosas para ordenar, como las cajas llenas de libro en la sala.. Pero será pronto:-)