I'm in love with these Guinevere van Seenus images on the current edition of italian Vogue. Photographed by Steven Meisel, the american model with dutch roots does what she always did best, which is sensuality without a drop of vulgarity. Pay attention to the 1930s inspired sheer blue dress she wears in one of the pictures (the entire shot can be seen here). Read more on Guinevere on a previous post of mine.
Plastic Mary Janes by Vivienne WestwoodI don't really like the idea of wearing plastic shoes, not even if they have the signature of Westwood, though I did wore plastic shoes during my childhood in the 1980s, oh well. The british designer was in São Paulo yesterday for the launching of classic Mary Janes reproduction plus some other shoe design. She said she's always wanted to work with plastic, but never accomplished it, and only recently in Brazil she found the right technology to work with the material. In the words of its own creator, these shoes are "modern, possess quality and above all, are democratic". The shoes will be available at brazilian stores in march, and in july in the rest of the world, including Westwood own stores. More interesting than buying those shoes though, is attending the "Vivienne Westwood Shoes - 1973-2006" exhibition, that takes place during the current SP Fashion Week, in São Paulo. The exhibition includes 147 shoes, including those infamous platforms that made Naomi Campbell fall down in the middle of the catwalk in the 1990s.
Cute animal jewelryLast sunday at a museum I saw this girl all in black wearing a huge golden necklace with a quite noticeable bear pendant on. Grizzly bears are so cute, and even cuter are teddy bears pendant charms. I have a little silvered one I never wear (I might start to soon), but I'd also love to have something of the sort:
I'm going through this weird phase of liking cute and kitsch things, even while decorating my place, I don't know what's going on with me, maybe after one year in Denmark, the whole kitsch house like thing has brainwashed me somehow. Well, it's only a little, so it must be harmless. Anyway... A bambi or a bunny pendant charm are so cute as well.. (I hope it's not only me that thinks that).
Three winter coats I'd love to purchase right now:
(1) Purple by Marc Jacobs
(2) Red by Miu Miu
(3) Black by Alexander McQueen
P.S.: The bears were photographed by me last fall.











25 comments:
Olá Romeika!!!
A primeira aqui!!!
Que maravilha esse novo post, as fotos iniciais, as jóias, os novos sapatos vivienne westwood, que está no brazil para lançamento na sp fashion week e ainda esses lindos casacos em A. Maravilhosos!!!
Eu amo preto, branco e cores clássicas, mas tbm adoro uma cor para dos dias mais quantes...no brasil, como vc sabe, todos amam um colorido e com certeza essa coleção da versace será muito copiada por aqui, especialmente pelas lojas populares...hehehehhe
Esse é brasil, com toda a sua pirataria...nada se cria, tudo se copia...é uma máxima...infelizmente...
muitos beijos e bom inverno por aí :)
bem adaptada na cidade?
espero que sim...
em março começo a estudar espanhol e ainda finalmente estou indo à argentina...
muitos beijos e até logo :)
Kira, esse colorido parece estar muito em voga mesmo no Brasil, ouvi da minha mãe - ela disse que é púrpura, amarelo, vermelho, azul etc pra todos os lados, em tonalidades bem vivas. Como vc disse, infelizmente com relação a moda, é assim mesmo no Brasil, com raríssimas exceções. Estou bem adaptada a nova morada, sim hehe Que bom que vc vai estudar espanhol, eu gostaria de melhorar o meu conhecimento nessa língua tb, aproveita a viagem pra praticar:-) Beijos e bom fds!
Well, I don't like those plastic Mary Janes shoes even if they are Vivienne Westwood's. Maybe alive it's something different...
The bears are so cute!
I love the 3 coats, it's kind of difficult to choose betwen them.
xxx
The shoes do look nice, but I also try to avoid plastic--they're just not comfortable or good for you. And I have a bear charm from childhood EXACTLY like the third one!
The Seeker: me neither! When I think of plastic shoes, plastic rain boots (I don't know how it's called in english) is the only proper thing of the sort that comes to my mind.. Yeah, the coats are fabulous, but if I had to choose a single one, it would be the purple MJ. -x-
The Clothes Horse: Lack of comfort is exactly what bothers me when it comes to plastic foot wear.. Cute you have a teddy bear charm from your childhood ^^
Que coisa mais fofa essa coleção de jóias para animais!!!
Li a respeito da visita de Vivienne Westwood ao Brasil, mas confesso que não sabia que ela veio ao nosso país para lançar uma linha de sandálias.
E que maravilhoso esse casaco preto do Alexander McQueen!
The photos from Italian Vogue are gorgeous.
x
Kamila, eu achei esses pingentes catando por aí num site só de roupas, acessórios etc, não fazem parte de uma mesma coleção, mas que bom que vc tb gosta da fofura deles hehe queria um desses.
A VW foi ao Brasil só pra promover essa linha de sapatos que foi feita com a parceria da Melissa, além de divulgar um manifesto que ela mesma escreveu, esse algo que não tem nada a ver com moda. Pelo que eu li, ela ficou pouco tempo em SP e logo depois se mandou (ou vai se mandar?) pro Pantanal.
O casaco preto é lindo, e o corte é bem clássico...sonho de consumo hehe
Emsie, yes, the photos are so stunning..^^
Won't plastic footwear- no matter how posh- get smelly? Not a good idea, and I expected better from Vivienne Westwood than endorsing such a thing.
I love the pictures of the charms, especially the little Bambi- and no, a liking for cute things doesn't have to end with your childhood! Nothing wrong with it at all..
love the editorial, and those coats!! oh my god..
Romeika, deu vontade de comprar um para meu cachorro! :-)
Oh I want that bambi necklace!
Blue Floppy Hat: Yes, I was also surprised Vivienne Westwood endorsed this idea.. It doesn't sound like her thing.
I don't think the liking for cute things is just for children, no way! hehe In fact if I had such a pendant charm from my childhood, I'd be wearing it right now:-) The thing I worry about is the liking for cute things while decorating my place, you know.. But maybe that's just a phase.
Cee-Cee, welcome! Yes, those coats are just wow ^^
Kamila kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk! Eu querendo um pingente desses pra mim e vc comprando pro seu yorkshire!:-D Sacanagem, Kamila!
Jen, me too;-)
I love the Guinevere van Seenus photos. I love the quality of the print, the colors, oh yes the colors, and I love how her skin looks.
Describing your home as "kitsch house" made me laugh. There's nothing wrong with that. As long as you don't wear it in public. Just joking. :)
Those Vogue pictures are great, I love the flash show if you watch the photo shoot; how they split up the images and then build it up. And she wore really lovely wooden sandals...
I think those pendats are really cute. Funny because earlier today I was thinking about animal pendants too after spotting a bambi silhouette pendant and an octopuss necklace (at modcloth.com). A little bit of kitch in you everyday life is great :)
Sacanagem nada, Romeika!!! rsrsrsrsrsrsrsrsrsrsrsrsrsrsrsrrs
Those Westwood shoes are really cute
I loved all the colours
that photoshoot is GORGEOUS!
the vogue spread was gorgeous!!! awesome stylists, makeup artists, model and of course!! hurray for steven!!!
plastics shoes haf been ard in singapore for auite some time and i never see the beauty of those shoes~ ever.
*shudder*
About Sweeney Todd, there were some aspects of the movie I did like; I mean, the acting was great, the direction amazing, and the idea of the story was interesting. But, I mean, it was predictable to the point of laughter... when things finally happened, I would think to myself "No way! Are you serious?" (Please note the sarcasm in that question).
Oh, oh, and I almost forgot about Juno! :P
That one I loved, the story is very refreshing and the acting is perfect. The script is just brilliant, I loved the dialogues. And the soundtrack is amazing, I want to buy it already.
Seraphine, it's not even a lot of kitsch, just one little thing here, another little thing there..:-p As long as it's not too much, it's fine, I guess:-)
Freelancer's fashionblog: Yeah, the flash show is pretty great,I liked it too.. And an octopuss necklace, wow!
Kamila, um pingente de ouro pra um cachorro é luxo demais:-p
Coco, I don't like the shoes:-S
Modern Marie, yeah, it is!
Penelope, me neither!
Rita, at least you saw some good points in ST, so I'm still looking forward to it! And I can't wait for "Juno":-)
Post a Comment