Monday, March 17, 2008

8 Things + Scarlett "debut" as a movie director

Aisha and Olimpia have tagged me on a meme called "8 things", so here are my answers, in no particular order:

8 Things I'm Passionate About
1.Cinema
2.My Husband
3.My Family
4.Reading
5.Writing
6.Learning languages*
7.Chocolate
8.Freedom

8 Things I Wanna Do Before I Die
1.Learn french
2.Learn italian
3.Figure out what I wanna be when I grow up
4.Travel all over the world
5.Move back to Brazil
6.Having my writing published
7. -
8. -

8 Things I Say Often
1.Hvordan bliver vejret i morgen? (How's the weather tomorrow?)
2.Jeg fryser (I'm cold)
3.Taler/Forstår du engelsk?**
4.I love you/Jeg elsker dig/Eu te amo
5.Eita! (a sort of jeez in the brazilian northeastern way)
6.Jeg går i biografen (I'm going to the movies)
7.Jeg er sulten (I'm hungry)
8.Hvad er klokken? (What's the time?)

8 Books I Have Read Lately
1.The Journals of Sylvia Plath (currently reading)
2.The Chronicles of Narnia
3.Shoes - What Every Woman Should Know
4.Atonement
5.The Painted Veil
6.What Went Wrong
7.Repetition
8.Diary of a Young Girl

8 Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over
1.Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John
2.Time - Pink Floyd
3.The Blower's Daughter - Damien Rice
4.Bang Bang - Nancy Sinatra
5.Playground Love - Air
6.Miss U Love - Silverchair
7.The entire The Hours soundtrack - Philip Glass
8.Jealous Guy - John Lennon

8 Things that Attract Me to My Best Friends
1.They accept me for who I am
2.They're smart
3.They make me laugh
4.They're supportive
5.They're optimistic
6.They're honest
7.They're good people
8.We have similar interests
*Although learning danish can be a bore sometimes
** If people can't understand what I say right way, I tend to ask if they speak english, it makes my life easier and less embarrassing


After Kirsten Dunst, who last year directed a short film starring Winona Ryder, now it's the turn of another young female actor to do so. Scarlett Johansson is currently filming one of the many short films that will be part of New York, I Love You, a title which reminds me of a recent film featuring the french capital (which I haven't seen it!). It's always great to see women behind the cameras.

12 comments:

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Very informative eights! And my these young actresses today are talented, I'm glad these ones are staying in the film spehere and out of the designing realm.

.::JoSePhIne::. said...

I've seen this on some other blogs in the last days, it's nice and interesting! I think I'll do it as well!

I totally agree with being passionate about CHOCOLATE :o)!

hugs,
JoSePhInE

Kamila said...

Romeika, esse "New York, I Love You" é justamente uma outra versão para "Paris, I Love You", com vários cineastas filmando histórias na Big Apple. Vi as fotos dessa estréia da Scarlett Johansson e, sinceramente, não sei mesmo o que esperar dela na cadeira de direção.

Anonymous said...

ooo! cool top 8 thing :) very informative!

no wonder why I adore your blog! we have a lot of the same interests, although I'm not as avid with languages. I love elton john and damien rice btw, nice choices

Romeika said...

The Clothes Horse: I'm glad for that too!

Josephine, consider yourself tagged, then;-)

Ah, Kamila, soh podia ser isso. E quanto a Scarlett, tb nao sei o que esperar, mas torco por ela!

Jayne, thanks! ^^ The songs' choice was kind of weird, I mean, in a different day, I could have picked 8 completely different ones:-) But I have liked Elton John ever since I was a kid though, as my mom always listened to him. And Rice, it's due to "Closer".

Olimpe said...

I haven't seen Paris, je t'aime either :(
I like Playground love and how it is used in The Virgin Suicides by Coppola.

..... said...

hey guys u should definitely watch paris, je t'aime !!! so and so romantic !!

Romeika said...

Olimpia, I like it too. The entire "The Virgin Suicides" soundtrack is just great.

Mr. Style, I really wanna see it ^^

Museu do Cinema said...

Eu acho sensacional, temos pouquissimas cineastas mulheres em Hollywood, e como estrela, tem meio caminho aberto.

Romeika said...

Cassiano, tb acho sensacional;-) Seria otimo ver mais atrizes fazendo o mesmo, afinal, tem tantos atores que seguem esse caminho.

A. R. SHOUP said...

You must see Paris Je t'aime there are excellent segments, the best is the Sylvain Chomet (The mime segment), there are others not so good even bad ones, but there are almost all interesting in some point (the vampire segment are very weak).

The 8 things idea is excellent I woluld post them right away.

And about Scarlett I hope that she would do better than Kirsten Dunst's Welcome but the issue here is to try to make the things that they liked... acting or directing... with practice may become a greater ones (Sincerely I don't think that Kirsten Dunst wold become better than her friend Sophia Coppola, but she bring her talent in her DNA)

Cheers from this side of the World

Romeika said...

A.R, yeah, Dunst won't ever be as good as Coppola, no way! hehe Cheers too.