Monday, March 10, 2008

Loving white tights... in other girls

There's always that kind of garment or accessory that one loves, but couldn't pull it off. In my case, it's usually something which looks I love in other people, but somehow I know it wouldn't look that good on me, although I have never tried it, and of course I'm not counting the old times when I was a little kid in tights and a white dress with a baby pink ribbon around my waist. White, from a simple nail polish to one's shoes, has the power to enhance a specific feature, for the better or for the worse. My legs are far from thin or slender, therefore white tights are not going to happen. For the lucky ladies out there who can carry off the look, keep it clean with even more white and also black. How about white tights + white shoes? I've pictured it and at least for me it sounds like a good idea. Just forget about pink and other baby/pastel colour tones while wearing it, as it would become too doll like in a bad/tacky way.

B&W elegance by The Sartorialist and from Sweden: Stockholm Street Style and Johanni


Face Hunter in London

27 comments:

Museu do Cinema said...

Gosto de mulheres de meia. Quanto ao post abaixo, do dia das mulheres, tá sensacional. Escolheste a dedo grandes personagens femininas, e como não podia deixar, colocou uma de Pedro Almodóvar, ficou perfeito.

Kamila said...

Romeika, gosto de meias, mas não brancas. Acho que fica estranho, mas esse é um look diferente e que ficou bom nas pessoas das fotos que você colocou no post.

Kira Aderne said...

Meias brancas me lembra um pouco essa coisa de crianças quando meninas usam meias brancas, em mulheres fica uma coisa mais delicada e feminina...acho que vale a pena usar...

mil beijos e abraços
adroro teus posts..

Anonymous said...

hmm interesting, I haven't thought about white tights for awhile, thanks for the reminder! maybe I'll try it out

Debbie said...

I have a pair of white tights but ive never worn them! Tahnks for the inspiration girl

Romeika said...

Cassiano, os filmes do Almodovar quase sempre trazem personagens femininas fortes, revi "Volver" ontem, adoro. E obrigada!

Kira, eh bem delicado e feminino, sim. Beijos.

Debbie, good luck wearing it! I've thought of buying a pair once, but after thinking a little.. I knew it wouldn't work out.

Anonymous said...

I have decent legs but I have a hard time pulling off black tights (I am petite) let alone white ones.

It's good to know one's limits :)

Anonymous said...

it is an interesting concept, but I agree better left for someone else.

NonchalantMod said...

i had forgotten about white tights! they do look good on those women.

Kristi said...

I love the white tights on other girls I'm not sure I could pull it off. It does remind me of Alice in Wonderland.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I need white tights, I haven't even tried to pull them off since childhood!

Anonymous said...

White tights are a great way to show off shoes, for better or worse.

Kira Aderne said...

Romeika!!!

Obrigada pelos comments, como vão as aulas de línguas aí?

Eu começei a fazer espanhol este semestre e estou adorando!!!

MIl beijos em vc, querida!

Ellie Lee said...

aw i;m in the same boat as you! i;m a uk size 8 and i JUST know i;ll look horrid in them. but they're just so ethereal!

Lauren said...

love white tights and have recently bought a pair, but have yet to wear them :(... maybe this weekend?

Monika said...

I love these white tights! great picks of photos!

Romany said...

Hey we have similar names! Do you get nicknamed 'Rom' at all? I do. :)

Oh I love white tights. Did you see the white (well they're probably very, very pale pink actually) tights at L'Wren Scott? Paired with a shiny purple trench coat...very chic.
Romany
xx

Romeika said...

Hi Romany, there was actually someone who used to call me Rom hehe

As for the L'Wren Scott collection, no I haven't seen it, I've even tried to search on net, but couldn't find. Perhaps, do you have a link?

Shes Dressing Up said...

Ooh I love white tights, but whenever I wear them I end up with the colour of the insides of my shoes all over my feet?!

Vertiginoso said...

Immaculate White or a Pretty, Timeless expression of "Néo-Romantic" Elegance . . .

Cordially, Antoine

Aisha said...

Romeika, dear you're a trend seeker :)

After watching so many black tights, it's very nice to watch white ones. I like this trend, but i don't have skinny legs either =L, I'm not sure about it would look on me.

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

we are thinking alike
i just did a post similar to yours about black tights.
I think white tights are great but they are hard to pull off you have to have thin legs hahaha

Olimpe said...

white tights aren't good for me either, but they're nice. By the way, I've tagged you

Romany said...

There's a pic of the outfit - here's the link: http://www.style.com/fashionshows/collections/F2008RTW/complete/thumb/LSCOTT?trend=&page=2
Love it!

Romany
xx

Romeika said...

Thanks, Romany! It indeed looks like a pale pink, very feminine and romantic.

Ida said...

I love white thights too.
They can really shape up a outfit!

Sally Jane Vintage said...

These are all very cute looks but I don't think I could pull off white tights either.