Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Meme: 6 Unspectacular Quirks of Mine

Jayne and Jelenie have tagged me on 6 quirks of mine. The rules are:
1. Link the person(s) who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules in your blog.
3. Write about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged.
I'm tagging:
-Meg from The Apathist
-Headmistress from Salt and Schizophrenia
-Grinda from Firka
-Olimpia from A Blog of My Own
-Jimena from Map of the Piano
1. I'm a sort of compulsive smiling person, it's been like that ever since I was a child. Especially in umconfortable situations or around complete strangers. It's the first thing I do while entering in a new classroom, for example. Bizarrely, sometimes people in the streets smile back to me, although in DK, they tend to be children or people of age. Once I applied for a job which I had to sell newspapers' signatures, and I was told I would do good in it because I smiled while speaking to my interlocutor.
2. I am horrible at maths. I'm so horrible to the point that I use my fingers to add numbers, even small values.. 49 + 16 =?
3. Despite having graduated as a journalist, and using a computer for the last 10 years, I never really learnt how to type properly on a keyboard. I type using my pointy fingers, and I do it fast!
4. I wear the most hideous outfits in the comfort of my own home. Right now I'm wearing some pj's pants, an old tee, a loose sweater and socks.
5. My husband says I move one of my feet while sleeping, or perhaps, half sleepy, and he says it looks like the movement of a dog's tail.
6. I neither like to go out alone nor being at the outdoors alone after it turned dark. I don't like being alone at home when it's evening either.


Ok, I've been weirder, I suppose. At least when it comes to obsessive-compulsive behaviours, like washing my hands as soon as I stepped at home, checking if the windows are locked 10 times before going to bed, and even walking at the sidewalk like Jack Nicholson in As Good As It Gets. After these 6 unflattering facts about me, nothing like appreciating the beauty of this spectacular Jean Paul Gautier dress, part of his Spring 2008 Couture collection. This is the most perfect flowered pattern dress I've seen in a long time. At least if I could afford it... ^.^

14 comments:

Kamila said...

Eu sou tão cheia de manias que acho que seria difícil citar somente 6!! rsrsrsrsrsrrsrsrs

De qualquer maneira, realmente o vestido do Jean Paul Gaultier é belo. Adorei o uso de cores e o corte da roupa.

Romeika said...

Kamila, pois eu achei dificil de listar pelo menos 6, acredita? Vai ver que quem tem suas manias toscas, as vezes nao as enxerga (deve ser o meu caso). Agora fiquei curiosa pra saber as suas hehehe As cores e o corte do vestido tb chamaram minha atencao ^.^

Anonymous said...

oo, you don't type properly either! yes! finally I've found a friend haha :) i'm efficent due to insant messanger though lol

ooo gorgeous dress!

Anonymous said...

I totally do the foot moving thing when I'm sleeping too!! I never really understood why, but I do it quite a lot!

Kamila said...

Romeika, geralmente, são os outros que enxergam as nossas manias de uma forma melhor. :-)

As minhas manias, ainda bem, são saudáveis. Nada que atrapalhe a minha vida. Na realidade, gosto de dizer que elas são mais algumas superstições que possuo.

Anonymous said...

absolutely splended dress...the shoulders are stunning

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I like the compulsive smiling, it sounds so cheery. I like putting a smile into my voice, people can really tell the difference!

Romeika said...

Jayne, I remember it from ur list hehe ;-)

Amy, I thought it was just me! :-D

Kamila, idiossincrasias saudaveis, entao:-)

Jessica, the shoulders called my attention as well.

The Clothes Horse, :-)

grenadine said...

We're the same on not liking being home alone. I used to like it but now I've gotten used to having the bf in the house but sometimes he has to work night shift and I couldn't sleep. Sad I know!

That is the most gorgeous pattern - especially the one on the bottom right hand side.

Anonymous said...

lol, i use my fingers for counting too! Actually, it's probably the milieu of geniuses, because not many people realize the fingers can take the place mentally of an abacus.
My little finger holds the one.

Olimpe said...

it is so cute that you move your foot... And you smile and I don't, I don't like to smile to unknown people. You check the doors and I check the stove, compulsively.

And maybe if I use fake nails or manicure them I'll stop bitting them, I'll give it a try

The dress is wonderful. The print and...everything

Anonymous said...

This dress is delicious!

Meg said...

I do no.4 too! Thanks for tagging me! =)

Blue Floppy Hat said...

Rather late to this I am, but I didn't know you were married! (and I suspect No. 4 holds good for a lot of us).