Sunday, May 4, 2008

Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing - Part 2

Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961) - Holly Golightly & Paul 'Fred' Varjak*

"You know what's wrong with you, Miss Whoever-you-are? You're chicken, you've got no guts. You're afraid to stick out your chin and say, "Okay, life's a fact, people do fall in love, people do belong to each other, because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness." You call yourself a free spirit, a "wild thing," and you're terrified somebody's gonna stick you in a cage. Well baby, you're already in that cage. You built it yourself. And it's not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somali-land. It's wherever you go. Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself."

*In memory of Audrey Hepburn, who would turn 79 years old today.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bela homenagem, Romeika. "Breakfast at Tiffany's" é um dos meus filmes favoritos (e um dos melhores romances que já vi) e essa cena é fantástica, não só em termos de direção como especialmente devido à atuação da Audrey. Abraço!

Kamila said...

AMOOO o final de "Breakfast at Tiffany's". Acho essa cena e aquele final na chuva dois momentos perfeitos!!!

Você sabe o quanto eu admiro a Audrey e acho que hoje é só uma desculpa a mais para a gente lembrar dela. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh I love BAT & Audrey of course, wow it's so sad that she would've been 79 today...RIP

Lauren said...

oh i love that scene (and that dream sequence in gossip girl!
happy birthday to the GREAT AUDREY HEPBURN!

Nina said...

Hi Romeika. I've also linked your blog to mine. love the scene where she looks for cat at the end.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, I love this scene. But I love all the scenes in this movie. I have it on DVD and I really want to watch it again. It really is beautiful, and Hepburn makes it so intense and lively.

Ciao!

Romeika said...

Hi Everyone, thanks for the comments,I felt it was the perfect moment to share this vid here. And finally I got myself the dvd,along with two other Audrey's films, "Sabrina" (adorable), and "Roman Holiday" (my fav film of hers, which sort of deserves a place in this "Love is a Many-Splendored Thing" posts..) I didn't have any of her films before, unacceptable for anyone who praises Audrey Hepburn's film achievement.

P.S.: I also love that "Hi", "Hi" moment after she sings "Moon River" ^.^

Flávia said...

Adoro a Audrey! Não sabia que o aniversário dela seria no dia 4/5.

Bjs

Blue Floppy Hat said...

Ah, Audrey...one of the most wonderful women to ever grace a cinema screen.

Carolina Lange said...

Esse filme é maravilhoso! Eu sou fã da Audrey H.!
Adorei o post!

Danz said...

Thanks for this. I love Audrey Hepburn. She's one of the most beautiful, endearing and talented actresses ever.