Monday, May 19, 2008

Silly pictures of my feet

winter

autumn

spring
Looking at my pictures file, I realized how these photos, taken in very distinguished times of the year are alike in a way. It also makes me realize how I'm always taking silly pictures of my feet everywhere. I started photographing my feet, or better, my footwear - around 2005, when I got my first digital camera, and then I never stopped. It's a sort of quirk, isn't it?!? I remember these three photos well. The first one is from my first snow day in Denmark, in january 2007, which was also when I first came here. It was the first time I ever saw snow, in a perfect sunny morning, after running to the park nearby where I lived, in Randers. The second shot was taken in my first autumn, in another park in Randers and I focused on the leaves themselves, instead of my black oxford shoes, the leaves were much prettier. The third one was taken a while ago, in this very spring, which happens to be my second spring, and when I mean spring, I'm talking about this sort of spring one longs after a long winter, after all, I had never seen such remarkable season changes, and that's perhaps why, all four seasons and how they're distinct one from another fascinates me so much. Ah, the last picture was taken at Frederiksborg castle's gardens, and once again, nature was more interesting than myself.

19 comments:

Lauren said...

the last one is my fave - beutiful photos, as always :)

ellie said...

I love pictures of feet..and especially, shoes.

Anonymous said...

haha love the foliage in each photo, and its not that odd, honestly. remember the line in lost in translation? something like, "I went through a photography phase, stupid pictures of my feet" haha. so even sofia approves!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely brilliant! By far, my fav is the one of the pink converse contrasted with the white snow. Such a great idea. I think you should do more with this!

Anonymous said...

I love the shoes. My favorite
is the sneakers, although the
last pic is stunningly beautiful
like a fairy tale. The fun you
have making the pictures
translates into the photo itself.

aizat.cinta.goddess said...

i love the last pic!!!

Anonymous said...

IS THERE a posibility to see that pair of shoes up in the sky?

Kamila said...

Quem gostava muito de fotografar os pés era Hamilton! Me lembro de uma fotografia nossa na frente do Mangai, numa daquelas reuniões que a gente fazia, se lembra???

Ella Gregory said...

IT's a cute way of showing the transition between seasons

Anonymous said...

Btw, you've been tagged! Please check out CupcakesandCashmere.com for more info. :)

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Pretty! I like taking pictures of my feet too. Maybe it's the angle, maybe its the colors, I really don't know...

Kira Aderne said...

Romeika!

ontem, logo que vc fez este post, deixei um recadinho para vc. Depois de escrever quase uma carta, a internet caiu aqui na minha região...afeeeee

então, antes tarde que nunca, amei as fotos, vc é de uma sensibilidade incrível!


mil beijinhos,
da amiga,
Kira

Times of Glory said...

The photos are quirky and beautiful... not silly at all, darling. It also seems showing the your feelings, which is really sweet. Your feet in the last picture are like ballerina's. You really captured our little details in daily life :)

Romeika said...

Jayne, I couldn't help not identifying myself with that saying from LIT, and I thought of adding the quote to the text, but then I didnt, glad you remember that part of the film too:)But you know, I think she totally disapproves the "stupid pictures of my feet" haha

Cupcakes and cashmere: Yes, I like the ones of my feet out of focus at least hehe, and checking this tag thing soon^.^

Seraphine, happy you see all of this:-)

Manolo, not really, I like to keep my feet on the ground.

Kamila, lembro demais! Realmente eh a cara dele registrar os calcados do povo hehe.

Kira, eh por isso que sempre copio o que digito antes de postar, muitas vezes da um erro no blogger hehe, beijos!

Thank you, everyone else for the kind comments on this silly post!

Anonymous said...

Great photo perspective of your feet.

Paula

Diana Coronado said...

Nice pics girl !!

Jimena said...

I guess everyone has a thing for taking photos of their feet. The third one is absolutely beautiful romeika.

I guess, taking pictures of my feet for me... well, looking back at them, they strangely make me feel like I was really there.

Romeika said...

Jimena, thank you:-)

Mel Gruver said...

I love these photos! They make me smile. I have actually started a blog for pictures of my feet in life and for photos of other's feet as well. You should check it out..it is very new, although I hope to update it often.
http://two-feet.blogspot.com/