Saturday, November 15, 2008

Silence


THERE is a silence where hath been no sound/There is a silence where no sound may be/In the cold grave under the deep, deep sea/Or in wide desert where no life is found/Which hath been mute, and still must sleep profound/No voice is hush'd no life treads silently/But clouds and cloudy shadows wander free/That never spoke, over the idle ground/But in green ruins, in the desolate walls/Of antique palaces, where Man hath been/Though the dun fox or wild hyæna calls/And owls, that flit continually between/Shriek to the echo, and the low winds moan/There the true/Silence is, self-conscious and alone. (Thomas Hood)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohh beautiful poem! i've always been a fan of photographing clouds. i love how they form and change, move across the sky, even, within the same cloud, at different speeds. and perfect silence, how rare and beautiful that is, perfect for its nothingness, and everything.

Anonymous said...

Lindo poema e BELÍSSIMA foto! Foi você que tirou???

Brigadeiro said...

Haha, escrevi exatamente o que a kamila escreveu, doh (agora 'edited')! Tambem adoro tirar fotos de nuvens...lindo!

Zoë said...

hey
I'm loving your blog. It's very versatile
check out my new blog- http://givemeapennyforyourthoughts.blogspot.com/

can i link you?
much love
xx

Maja said...

Oh, what I'd give for a little silence right about now.. I can't wait for my exams to be over :)

Lexie said...

beautiful.

also, i like what you said about comme des garcon for h&m. true words.

ATF said...

part of that poem is featured at the end of 'the piano' i just adore that film and it fits perfectly....

Ellie Lee said...

So true! It's a beautiful prose! I actually re read it like; 3times.

Anyway; I loved your red coat and black dress from the previous posts!

ESP THE BLACK DRESS! You look so pretty! Almost like Camilla Belle; I dont know. but the resemblence is striking! Esp the brows and eyes!

Romeika said...

Seraphine, I love your words:-)

Kamila, sim, ano passado. Foi tirada no ponto mais alto da Dinamarca (aqui a terra eh muito plana). Obrigado:-)

Zoe, yes, of course u can, thanks!

Miss_Scarlett, I've seen "The Piano" again after so many years, and that's what inspired me to post this poem:-) I love that film too!

Penelope, thank u, but I wish! haha She's so gorgeous.

Thank u all!

Miss Urbanita said...

Amazing pic!