Saturday, November 8, 2008

Walking in heels along the water


When one thinks one has already seen all sort of awkward moments in catwalks... As some of you might know, it's currently fashion week in Rio de Janeiro (you bet that almost everyone The Sartorialist has been photographing is either a model, a stylist or "fashion people" in general). Brazilian summer week means a lot of bikini wear, which shows are usually the most expected ones, like this one from Rosa Chá. I remember seeing Carol Trentini wearing a bride bathing suit (yeah, you read it correctly) in a Rosa Chá catwalk a couple of years ago. Now the same label decided to recreate the feeling of being at the beach right after the sunset by soaking the runway. As Madonna songs are annoyingly performed in bossa nova rhythm, experienced models like Ana Claudia Michels nearly twist their ankle. The guys are lucky, at least they don't need heels.

Video source: UOL

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ossos do ofício, Romeika! :-)

As modelos já deviam estar acostumadas com a proposta mais diferente em sua profissão...

Romeika said...

Kamila, eu nao tenho dó das modelos (a maioria acostumada a se equilibrar em cima de plataformas de 40cm), a crítica é pra o desfilezinho Uó em si. Quando até tops que desfilaram horrores na vida (a citada Michels, Marcelle Bittar etc) se desequilibram, alguma coisa está errada.

Ellie Lee said...

Love your previous two outfits! One's really elegant and chic; another's so so fun and cute!!

LOL I feel for the models!!! Gosh; some designers will just do about ANYTHING to get that extra few minutes of fame! Flooding the catwalk!?

Romeika said...

Penelope, thanks:-) As for the models, I don't feel for them, but the show's idea is quite silly, and jeez, how boring it was to watch it.

Anonymous said...

Sim, Romeika, agora entendi! :-)

Ryanne said...

Water on the stage? Sheesh what an idea..

Aisha said...

This is the first runway in which I see models doing catwalk on water! it's pretty weird I have to say...

Anonymous said...

watching the video, i kept thinking about the thousands of dollars worth of shoes that got ruined walking in the water like that. ouch. as a model, it would be hard to walk confidently on water too. but i loved the effect. very cool.

Romeika said...

Seraphine, it does look nice with that lightning and everything, but the show itself was boring, and not to mention the spoiled shoes! I hadn't thought about it before hehe

Brigadeiro said...

How amazing! I love the 'water' and the effect the models walking on it gives. And I love Rosa Cha!

Romeika said...

Brigadeiro, I didn't like it at all hehe As for Rosa Cha swimwear, their stuff is as pretty as expensive ^.^

ATF said...

wow, what a good idea, i loved the visual. i couldnt walk in those high heels let alone in water!