Plain Jayne and
Copperoranges gave me the butterfly award (for the coolest blog they've ever known) and
Miss Scarlett gave me the lapaginademilady award (for those who work in an anonymous way, during their work schedule and as a hobby without trying to receive something in exchange, just the pleasure of entertaining and make others happy). I'm giving both awards to:
Underbaraclara - She's indeed
underbara (wonderful in swedish), her blog is all about little special every day life things she candidly shares with her readers, from walks with her sweet cocker spaniel to delicious looking desserts' recipes. Plus, she's gotten amazing style.
Keep a Blog Alive - Rita's writing is going far, I can definitely picture her writing in newspapers in the future, as well as fiction, either in spanish or in english. Love her genuine descriptions of every day life experience.
Loveology - This lovely blog is all about soft and pretty things, one will always find a spot for dreaming while going through Mila's posts. It's good to escape reality a bit, right?
tis serendipity - A blog I've discovered very recently and already a bookmarked one.
Elinkan - A mix of small diary notes and beautiful photographs that remind me of fairy tales. I just wish she smiled a little more often in her pictures.
Talking about cool blogs... A while ago I read on
Only Shallow that
Style Bytes was online again, however neither Agathe nor her cute piggie is back to the blogging world. Her blog was one of my favourite when it came to personal style, as she didn't limit herself to one single style, she was so plural in every possible way and managed to look amazing nevertheless, from vintage to classic and contemporary looks. Most of people out there are all about cutesy romantic, simple & chic, girly or fierce, which is perfectly fine, but I find it much more interesting when people express their style in multiple ways.


Ever since I saw a girl wearing floral tights and red shoes on Face Hunter, I felt the need to buy myself a pair. I had heard of Celeste Stein, which has an amazing range of florals, but the shipping fee for those of us who live in this side of the world is not very attractive... Luckily, I discovered a british online shop that sells some florals, but was in doubt between the wanda lilac (on the left) and the lullaby peach (right). Choosing btw two things has always been hard for me ever since I was a child (1986 Christmas - Barbie or my little pony? Barbie. No... my little pony. Barbie?), now, while in doubt, I tend to go for the two of them, at least in small budget things, like lipsticks...and tights. Funny was to see The Cherry Blossom Girl spotting two of them. Is everyone else out there mad about florals as well?
I like pretty much everything Scarlett Johansson and Eva Mendes have been wearing while promoting
The Spirit. They both go for a 1950s silhouette, although Scarlett is mostly about the good girl look whereas Eva shines in bright colours. Photos found
here.
23 comments:
Wow sweetheart!
Thank you so much, i feel truly honoured to receive this 2 awards from you!<3
Loving your blog...
Have a lovely weekend dear!
<3
Congratulation my dear!
Truly deserve it!!
~Lovely weekend to you*
Oh sweety. i forgot to tell you about Agathe. She does have a new blog, although it's very different compared to her old one.
I've looked everywhere for you, but unfortunately i can't find it.
I am sure someone has the link!
Bye, love!
Mila.
congratulations on the awards! =) And thank you so much! i feel really really honored to have received them from you... will be posting about them soon! <3
btw, those floral tights are really lovely... I don't know I haven't really seen many around in shops but perhaps they'll come round soon. I think they probably look a lot more romantic under soft lighting in photos than in real life. >< Probably a tough look to carry off... but then again with vintage outfits or skirts perhaps they'd add a special touch? i like the lullaby peach one! =)
1st, congrats for that other blog award, you really deserve it and thats why i also had to give it to you ;)
and second, i loved more or less eva'sand scarlett's look at those evens, but if i had to choose the the first pic look for eva there, with that polka dotted dress and the 3rd pic look for scarlett, because i loved her hair and that skirt and she was looking lovely and her age. big kiss!
Romeika! Thank you so much! This has definitely made my entire weekend! :D
there are some amazing blogs. People who blog are generally pretty talented, but there are some outstanding blogs that stand out like shiny stars.
yours, romeika, has been a favorite of mine ever since you started.
Romeika, parabéns pelas duas menções! E que vestido amarelo lindo a Eva Mendes está usando!
i love eva mendez in yellow, that is the IT color for her.
What a lovely post! I enjoyed reading it very, very much. Love the images as well.
congrats on the award!
you so deserve it!
Well, you DO deserve both awards. ;)
You have a great blog. And Johansson and Mendes aren't just extremely beautiful and sexy, but have fine taste in clothes.
Ciao!
1.) thanks for recommending those blogs to all of us/giving those blogs recommendation because i've been trying to find other blogs to read as well! so i really appreciate that.
2.) your floral tights and red shoes look perfect together- probably even better than the cherry blossom girl's! and yes, i think everyone is mad about floral because i know i am! i've been trying to find floral tights everywhere, just like the ones you have but i failed, where did you get them?! i have a bunch of different kind of floral tights but nothing nearly like the ones you have. and those are the kind i want! they're lovely.
3.) scarlett johansson is just lovely. i've always loved her. i used to idolize her along with audrey hepburn. she's drop dead gorgeous and has amazing style. i'm glad someone else feels the same way!
oh! and 4.) CONGRATULATIONS on your awards. you deserve them of course! i make sure i read your blog almost everyday because it is always filled with EVERYTHING about fashion. i love it. keep it up, please! :)
Wow, congratulations! 2 awards! <3
Mila, you're welcome;) As for Agathe's "new blog", I've heard about it long ago, but it's more like a photoblog and she hardly posts on it.. =/
Lenore, thanks!;)
Tis serendipity, you're welcome;) and thanks too! As for the tights, I find them quite versatile, actually, it would look great in many different ways, let's see what I come up with:)
Miss_Scarlett, thanks;) I read somewhere people criticizing Scarlett's "Dowdy" (!) look, but I loved both dresses she wore, and the look you mentioned as well.
Rita, glad to hear, you're welcome!;)
Seraphine, you've always been my favourite reader, love to read your feedback here;)
Kamila, obrigada;) E o amarelo cai superbem na Eva, ela ficou linda.
Molly, I agree.
Deep_in_vogue, cool;)
Aisha, thanks;)
Wally, thank u;) And I agree on ur remark!
Dayna, you're welcome, these blogs are pretty cool, so check them out;) As for the tights, it's pictures from Alix's blog, I haven't posted any outfits' pics with mine yet:) You can buy them here: http://www.lovecolour-lovetights.com/ And I agree, Scarlett is the bomb! hehe And thanks!
Yiqin, thanks!
Yep, I wore my floral tights all weekend long :)
they are so fun!
i love reading other blog suggestions. these seem like great picks!
also - i love florals! i always have.
I love the floral tights - I love the greenery in the background of the photos even more though. God I miss spring! :)
I'm in such a style rut these days, and I know who to blame: My work uniform. I am so sick of that thing! A black over-sized men's cut polo shirt. If we ever get new uniforms, I'll burn that thing on a bonfire ;)
Lovely post. I'm so excited Agathe opened up her archives, even if she didn't return to us.
Congrats! You totally deserve this two awards!
I love floral tights too! Have been contemplating if I should get a pair since I have limited ideas as to how to wear them! They're just too fab!
Love Scarlett Johanssen!
Looking at the small picture of the floral tights and red shoes, i can understand what's drawing you to them...
I myself do not own floral tights; ...but that may just make me get some.
Love the blog, deserve the awards. :)
-Morgan.
Tahda, floral tights are indeed so fun!
Copperoranges, hope you like them:)
Maja, I miss spring too, sooo much, I can't wait for april. I hope you get new uniforms! I hate work uniforms:S
The clothes, me too, I've been reading all her posts from the very beggining and saving inspirational photos hehe
Penelope, thanks:)
Morgan, thanks:) And those tights are fabulous hehe
Post a Comment