Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it."

Pictures from a cherry blossom tree near the place I live. It's nothing but an ordinary tree now, which is always so sad. But that's what it makes it so special. It blooms in all its glory, but its beauty quickly fades... The pictures turned out overexposed, but I like it somehow. Beauty such as this makes it up to days like today, when I don't feel completely happy. This or a new pair of shoes. Or perhaps a piece of freshly baked chocolate cake. How about both?

19 comments:

Meghan said...

I say both! :0)
The overexposed look actually works really well for these photos.

Gisela and Maury said...

Oh how I love Cherry blossoms! I went all the way to japan to see the cherry blossoms there! By the way, love your outfit in the previous post and the pics look so vintage! Great blog!
xo!
-Gisela
www.heightsoffashion.typepad.com

Romeika said...

Quixsa, both indeed hehe And thanks!

Gisela, thank you. Ah, I'd love to see the cherry blossom trees in Japan, lucky u!

Anonymous said...

aww cake and shoes do make me happy

reckless daughter said...

incredibly beautiful. I like the over exposure!

rvk8 said...

Yeah I was going to ask how you got that to happen (overexposure) - it's so beautiful!

~ ennui ~ said...

beautiful photos.....love cherry blossoms :)

elena-lu said...

these are gorgeous! and really evoke such light airy feel! great job capturing this beautiful tree :)

Brigadeiro said...

Absolutely breathtaking! LOVE LOVE LOVE cherry blossoms, and they truly make my heart soar everytime I see them :) Shoes or chocolate cake? I pick shoes, but if it's say...pao de queijo, brigadeiro, guarana...it'd be a different story, haha :)
xx
Bjs!

Wally said...

Yay! A beautiful reminder of the beauty of "American Beauty". That dialogue is gut-wrenching.

Ciao!

Meream said...

American Beauty?
Those look awesome.

Romeika said...

Catroux, I shot the pictures in manual mode. Thank u!

Brigadeiro, pao de queijo, hmmmmmm Much better than the cake for sure, but impossible to get here:-(

Thank you, everyone!

Moi je joue said...

both! :) i cant recall where is that quote from, i know its from a film and i loved it when i saw it but right now i simply cant tell where its from. the pics are totally beautiful, hope these little details cheered you up.

Kamila said...

Romeika, o que eu posso dizer é que existe muita beleza em suas fotos também!!!

Vinícius P. said...

Lindamente fotografadas, como de costume! ;-)

Romeika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Romeika said...

Moi, thank u! And the quote is from the film "American Beauty" ^.^

Kamila e Vinicius, obrigado! :-)

Anonymous said...

i agree
i love the flowers, i think the growth of a blossom is one of the most fascinating things the world has to offer

-cma
check out my blog @
cosmicaroline.blogspot.com

sexyinthecity said...

beautiful!