Saturday, August 15, 2009

girls who bike with style



Photos from different parts of the world, in different temperatures but with one thing in common. When I see pictures like that, I almost feel like having a bike myself, but I suppose I'd rather be style practical, especially regarding my footwear. Unlike so many girls in CPH that bike up and down in heels! Oh well. ^.^
Photos: the sartorialist, the street walker, face hunter.

39 comments:

Flavia Flanders said...

I love the first girl red hair.. i'm so jealouse!.

Jennifer said...

One thing I'm still wondering is how do I ride a bike with a skirt or dress without showing my underwear to everyone who tooks towards me. Hmmm.

All Women Stalker said...

I wish I know how to ride a bike :(

-meream

elle s'ennuie said...

My sense of balance sucks, and with age I've grown more afraid of taking risks with it, so if I'm ever going to ride a bike, it'll have to be one of these! :)

vicki archer said...

Don't they look so great, xv.

Anonymous said...

Biking in heels its actually pretty easy... I do it to school all the time... :)
some people think i'm crazy... ha!

The redhead is such a pretty girl!

Unknown said...

Pictures like these are so inspiring. I love my bike! There is nothing better than riding home alone one late night when the city is empty, in the cool air and the birds start singing. And you can wear dresses and high heels, it just takes a bit of practise.Go for it girls!

Kamila said...

Minha frustração é não ter uma bicicleta...

Lexie said...

i hope these gals are packing helmets in their bags! ;)

Kau Oliveira said...

Muuuuito boas. O interessante é que cada bicicleta tem o estilo das roupas. Adorei e não conseguiria citar uma como sendo a melhor...

Beijos!

Anonymous said...

im painting my bike soon..this makes me so happy!

-cma
check out my blog @
cosmicaroline.blogspot.com

Seriale-modeuse said...

Those pictures are definitely inspirational.

Sang said...

my fav. is the first photo:>
glad you uploaded this post.

Noémie K said...

funky post***°°°***

Brigadeiro said...

I am in awe of anyone who manages to bike in a dress/heels! These girls look so gorgeous! :)
xx

Kira Aderne said...

Amo bikes!
Mas sempre ando com roupas bem esportivas, gostaria de ser assim tbm!
Quem sabe com uma bike menos esportiva dá para mudar de look?

Boa dica!

Mil beijos Romeika!
Super cool que vc viu a Madonna!

Sheena said...

I agree that these photos always make me want to go out and get a bike. Perhaps one day, but I'm not sure about riding in the cold weather.

Jacquelyn said...

Great post, I love gals on bikes! I was just telling my husband yesterday " I wish we lived somewhere where it wasnt necessary to drive."

www.the20somethingsociety.com

Brigadeiro said...

Oi Romeika!

My sister's coming to Copenhagen next weekend (her 1st visit there). I was wondering (I haven't been in quite a few years), besides Tivoli Park, Little Mermaid, are there any sites/places/restaurant you recommend? :)

Obrigada!
xx
CC

Seraphine said...

all i can add is don't wear flip flops while riding a bike!

. said...

The first photo is stunning...its the amazing red in her hair!

x
thinkbackandrelax.blogspot.com

Andee Layne said...

so cute!great blog! Please check out my fashion and lifestyle blog www.andeelayne.blogspot.com and follow it as I will yours! xo

COCOVANA said...

I love them all, Its great that they rather ride a bike but look good doing it.

xoxo anna

Cancha-diction said...

Omg these photos are beautiful. Have you seen the Ellen Page photo shoot with her bike? It's to die for. Google it up and tell me what you think.

Seraphine said...

almost everyone in california wears moisture-wicking cycling apparel. it's has reflective stripes or logos for maximum visibility. and it doesn't look half as cool as the girls in your photos. but everyone here drives crazy, so people on bicycles have to be really careful.

Barbro Andersen said...

I really like your blog, especially the tribute to the original supermodels <3

Kat said...

great pictures. all these women are so chic - i don't know how the manage it whilst riding a bicycle!
i really want to but a bike now!

Bluukbob said...

This is a really nice shot!
it makes me wanna whip on my best clothes and go cycling around town


xxx

Ellie Lee said...

This is such an interesting post! They all look super cute!:D

tara-lynn / good night, day said...

love this post!

Kashaya said...

Oh those pics makes me want to buy a bike.=)

Anonymous said...

i love biking!it's teh best transportation espc. when it's nice&warm weather:)
uhmm well i can't ride a bike with high heels..hehe
xx

j. said...

I love the first and last photos the most. :-) I once had a bike but it got stolen and I was left traumatized. Havent bought a new one since.

xx

Fashion Hungry said...

i feel so stupid on bikes especially riding in nyc but these ladies make it look chic!

THE SOCIAL CODE said...

loving the photos!
I love those bikes, look so vintage.

Check out my blog- thesocialcode.tumblr.com!


x

plainolebob said...

now you gone and done it, Bess, wants a yellow bike

Rita said...

Romeika! You haven't posted in so long! :O The blog world misses you :D

Lauren said...

bicycles are so precious - i would love one with a basket in front!

Dottie said...

Beautiful round-up of cycle chicness. You should totally get a bicycle!