Saturday, June 28, 2008

Oh, this rainy cloudy silly summer



At least it's been two days it doesn't really wind heavely, so let's celebrate wearing a skirt for a change (unless you have a pencil one, which I don't!), how awful this month was, like always, end of spring played a trick with me, with those two or three summery weeks, and so when it's actually summer, it begins to feel like autumn (Quite lovely, isn't it?). Well, that's no news when it comes to living in Denmark, so I better stop before I start sounding like a broken record... The weather has been so sad, that all I feel like wearing lately is black, grey, beige and even brown. This skirt and blouse are one of the very few brown garments I possess. The skirt I have for quite a long time, and the blouse I recently bought on sale, it wasn't available in any other colour, and since it was super cheap, why not? With my skin tone, brown might not look very flattering, it's always better to mix with a real splash of vibrant colour, I suppose. What do you think?
Top, socks and belt: H&M
Skirt: C&A
Shoes: Feet Me
Headband: Glitter
(...)


I wanted to go to the movies, just to see this scene in a huger than life way
I should be in the movies right now, watching The Last of the Mohicans, which might have one of the most amazing and memorable endings in film history. But the danish film institute is far from here, it's chilly and there's no one to join me. John and I will probably see Hulk later... Sometimes I feel a little jealous of people born in the early 1970s, who were able to see these early 1990s films in the big screen. All I could see was kids' movies and films recommended for all ages. At that time I used to rent a lot of films. I was so happy when I finally turned 14, and then 16. And then, of course, 18. My children will be so lucky, as I'll drag them to the movies.

24 comments:

the assistant said...

I love the dress

are you up for a link exchange

Kat said...

Wow that really looks like a dress! I love the neckline of the top and the red lips are very film star - ish:-)

Thanks for the lovely comment.

Anonymous said...

Romeika, adorei a roupa que você veste na foto que ilustra o post!

Nunca assisti "O Último dos Moicanos", acredita? E posso dizer que meus filhos também serão sortudos, já que eu irei arrastá-los ao cinema bem cedo, além de mostrá-los várias outras obras marcantes da sétima arte. ;-)

Rafael Carvalho said...

Se puder, o parto de minha mulher será dentro de uma sala de cinema. Dai não tem mais escapatória pra criança. E assim como a Kamila nunca vi O Último dos Moicanos (shame on me!). Me lembro de algumas cenas na tevê, mas nada mais. A música me impressionou bastante.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Very pretty. I like all the soft colors together--sometimes a bright accessory is just too much.

Wendy said...

So adorable! I especially like those polka dotted knee highs.

AsianCajuns said...

We're huge fans of the Last of the Mohicans! Daniel Day Lewis is amazing in it.

La Clocharde said...

Oh, I love that outfit. It really fits you and it's so stylish and cute.
My favourite part of it: those amazing dot socks!

L

Anonymous said...

Your posters are so cool!

I really like this movie also, but there's a lot more movies from the 90s and 80s wich I would love to see in the big screen. Like American Beauty!

Ciao!

Romeika said...

Kiki, yes, we can trade links ^.^

Kat, you're welcome! And Thanks too.

Kamila, que bom que gostou;-) Vc tem que assistir esse epico grandioso (eita pleonasmo!) Nossos filhos serao sortudos hahaha

Rafael, todos vamos arrastar nossos filhos pras salas de cinema hehehe A musica do filme eh realmente marcante.

The Clothes Horse: You're right, sometimes it's best to keep it clean.

Wendy, they're really fun, aren't they?

AsianCajuns: He's indeed amazing in it, it's just weird how the film got almost no award recognition at that time.

La Clocharde: Glad you think it fits me;-)

Wally, this is called "the love wall" hahaha I really like these posters. I'm not as young as you are, so I was at least lucky to see "American Beauty" in the movie theater ^.^

Sam said...

it looks so great together, i almost thought it was a dress!
great job!!

Anonymous said...

You look soo good! I love that dress on you, and the belt is perfect, Romeika.
I love the movie posters behind you, especially since I know the story behind them from a post you made about them probably a year ago!

Times of Glory said...

Wowwww, I love the colour and the cut fits you like a glove! Seriously the polka dots socks make it even more special! Dear, with your elegant red lips, you look soooo cute!

I love love the Last of Mohicans.... great xxxxxxx

mimi said...

I love the dress so much - it looks perfectly elegant! And the socks are awesome with it.

Last of the mohicans is one of those classics that I have not yet got around to watching... but gosh, I remember the days of being a kid and only able to see PG films - it didn't help that I looked a lot younger too...

Romeika said...

Sam, thanks!

Seraphine, thanks! And indeed, these are some of those many posters I got almost for free, during the time I lived in Randers:-)

Times of Glory: Thanks a lot!

Headmistress: Thanks! And you gotta see "The Last of the Mohicans", it's such a beautiful epic. Being able to see only PG films when you're mad about cinema was really annoying. Let's celebrate our adulthood every day;-)

Bluukbob said...

i just realized that its not a dress!!
its a two piece is it??

very nice...

xoxo

Meg said...

The socks and shoes are so sweet with your hair (which reminds me of the young Amelie, it's adorable!) =)

Meg said...

PS. I think you can def. wear brown, but you look great in bright yellow too!!

Romeika said...

Catherine: Yup, it's a two pieces look hehe But it does look like a dress due to the small pictures ^.^

Meg: Thanks a lot! Bright yellow is much funner, but I only have two pieces - a jacket and a skirt. I'd like to invest on a yellow dress sometime:-)

Kira Aderne said...

que linda!!!

amei a meia e tudo!! maravilhosa!!!!!!


mil beijos!!

Romeika said...

Kira, obrigada! bjs!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet look absolutely *made* by those socks.

Romeika said...

Ambika: Thanks ^.^

Outi said...

You look very cute in this outfit!