Wednesday, July 2, 2008

São Paulo Fashion Week Summer 2009 - Favourite Looks

A little delayed post, as the event finished a week ago, but here are some of my fav looks:

Romanticism - Reinaldo Lourenço was inspired by porcelain dolls to design his romantic and delicate, although clean collection.



Minimalism - These Huis Clos pieces in pale shadows of blue and beige are simple, yet chic.


Isabela Capeto



MintDesigns



Maria Garcia




Anabela Baldaque





Alexandre Herchcovitch




Forum Tufi Duek



Butterflies - lovely "puffy" miniskirts and dresses by Triton. I'm not a big fan of the gladiator sandals trend, but these are cute.



Dresses in all proportions - This is only two of the many beautiful pieces by Iódice.



18th century - Samuel Cirnansck didn't refer to Marie Antoinette at all, but his baroque inspired collection clearly makes one think of her in so many ways.



Flowers around your waist and in your hair



I'm not mad about the animal print details in some of the outfits, but I do love this clutch




Photos: UOL and Vogue France.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Romeika, meus looks favoritos dos que você postou foram o vestido da Isabela Capeto, as roupas Forum/Tufi Duek.

Lauren said...

wow! summer 2009 ALREADY?!!? anyways all the looks are lovely!
esp the last one - ur right, it does look like marie

STYLE DU MONDE said...

What a wonderful selection! Adorable!

prettygeeky.com said...

I adore the heels and dresses by Forum Tufi Duek. Butterflies, corsets, and lace are lovely!

Romeika said...

Kamila, esse desfile da Forum foi muito bom, peças simples e chiques, além de femininas.

Modern Marie, the thing is in Brazil, it's summer when it's winter in Europe. hehe

Thanks for the comments ^.^

Kira Aderne said...

Romeika!
Love your best here, it´s great to see your eye abotu SPFW! ops, português agora (sobre seu comments em enconre serafine): tem starbucks em são paulo!!! pelo que ouvi dizer :) Na américa latina ainda tem no chile e na argentina que abriu há menos de dois meses...pena que ainda n tinha quando fui lá :)
Mil beijos!!

Anonymous said...

I like all of it, except for the balloons on the head. I know, I know... it's playful. But nothing replaces a laugh or engaging eyes for playfulness. Just my opinion. I've seen a hat once with a duck on it. At least that was funny.

Romeika said...

Kira, obrigada por me corrigir no blog da Seraphine! Eu nao sabia (shame on me haha). Beijos!

Seraphine, I'm not a big fan of the balloons in the head either hehe But I do like the dresses. I suppose the balloons relate to the dresses' pattern? A hat with a duck must be so funny ^.^

Terren said...

i really like the huis clos and maria garcia collections.

Romeika said...

Terren, it makes sense you liked one and the other, as Maria Garcia is a younger extension of Huis Clos.